Is freelancing enough as a career?

marcusfe

I have a friend who just finished from school and because of the situation of the country where many graduates tend to look for jobs and there is none. This guy decided to focus on online business and truly he has been making something reasonable from it. Recently I has a chat with him and asked him how he has been applying for jobs and going to interview. To my greatest surprise he to me he has already gotten a job, I asked him job he said an online freelancing. I was dumbfounded because I didn't know how to advise him whether to tell him it's a good idea or not.

One thing you should know is that it doesn't matter if you are a freelance writer, freelance blogger, freelance designer, freelance photographer or anything to do with freelancing, there are few traits that have to be in you to be successful and to make it your career.
1. You must be self discipline. Freelancing gives you freedom, and you become your boss. This sounds fascinating but at the same time you need to be self disciplined, you have to be sincere about your work especially if you are an online freelancer, you are bound to get distracted easily so you need to understand that time is money and you need to keep your focus on work.
2. Self motivation.
3. Future planning.
So for me freelancing is enough to be your career and believe me if he is focused he will even earn more than people working in the office and still have his own free time to do whatever he wants.

I have a friend who just finished from school and because of the situation of the country where many graduates tend to look for jobs and there is none. This guy decided to focus on online business and truly he has been making something reasonable from it. Recently I has a chat with him and asked him how he has been applying for jobs and going to interview. To my greatest surprise he to me he has already gotten a job, I asked him job he said an online freelancing. I was dumbfounded because I didn't know how to advise him whether to tell him it's a good idea or not.
Freelancing full time is a good idea if he is pretty good in his niche. There are a lot of freelancers that are making fortunes from freelancing. So if he has applied for a job and has even gotten one then it's good for him. Freelancing has its benefits, you choose when to work, who to work with, you are your own boss, you can work from anywhere as long as you have your tools, and many more. It can bring pretty decent income, top freelancers are earning 6 figures every month. So working full-time freelancing is a good decision.

Hey, it depends on what makes you happy and fulfilled. To some people, freelancing gives them ample time to engage in other things rather than getting a 9-5 job that drains you. Also, it is what is at hand as freelancing puts food on his table rather than him engaging in illegal activities. Some people have taken freelancing as a career while to some others, it is a means to an end. So if freelancing makes you happy, gives you leverage to do other things and puts food on your table, then I don't see any reason not to make it a career.

No only freelancing is not enough as your career becasue we always need extra source of income due to increasing the load and prices of things we must need to do extra and offline job as well .if he is a freelancer, it's good but if he is happy with his job let them stay doing this after some time he may start offline job himself.