Is flower growing and selling business still lucrative

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I will want to answer in the affirmative that this business is still lucrative. Flowers are still needed for decoration, as gifts, for practical experiment and lots more. Flowers can’t go into extinction because a lot of people still prefer the natural flowers when it comes to decorating their homes than other ones.

The thing is that if you want to go into this line of business you need to plant varieties of them. Sometimes you need to get the very rare ones to make much difference with those just growing the basic ones. Another important things you would need is a good piece of land and manure to help in the growing process

What do you think about this business?

Kennysplash

Verified member
Well, if you want to go into this business then you must be very knowledgeable about horticulture. Flowers if not handled and taken care of in the right way can will bring no profit. Also, choose a good location for your shop, preferably a place with high pedestrians. A nook or corner is not an ideal place. Horticulture is still profitable if done right.

Good luck

Verified member
Well,some people still buy flowers from florists to beautify their surroundings but it is only few people that have the opportunity. The rich really fancy things like making their surroundings beautiful not minding the cost though the market is not that lucrative because most of the flowers sold are a bit expensive.P role that have a large compound do practice growing of flowers.

D

Deleted member 28127

Well,some people still buy flowers from florists to beautify their surroundings but it is only few people that have the opportunity. The rich really fancy things like making their surroundings beautiful not minding the cost though the market is not that lucrative because most of the flowers sold are a bit expensive.P role that have a large compound do practice growing of flowers.
The natural flowers needs a lot of elevation and also a lot of study and also expense on buy products to protect them also to grow them and pay a salary to agriculturist that works with you for daily elevation and maintain, many people are switch to generic flowers or flowers that seems to how see them that they are natural however they are build with plastic or something like that for decoration and doesn't need daily maintenance. People think in decoration that costs less money.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Growing of flowers is such a great business. Though you cannot just plant them anyway, most of them require a specific climate. I once worked in a flower company and learnt that it is such a profitable business. Many people love flowers for gifts, decorations and they sell well during certain celebrations and festivities.

funmi

Verified member
To me, I don't think growing and selling flowers will be lucrative in my area. Especially in my country, people do not fancy flowers that much. Even on Valentine's day, I noticed it was only few people that bought flowers. Many people prefer things that are edible or things they can be using than flowers. When a governor in my state planted flowers beside the road many people classify it as a waste of money to them. Like wise myself, I do not really like flowers even though I know it can be used to beautify our homes. I don't believe flowers can be lucrative in my own area.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think selling flowers will definitely depend on the country one resides. I do watch foreign films where romantic movements are characterized with gifting flowers. I just imagine me gifting my loved ones flower, the looks on them will even tell me they don't want it. But where it is fancy, it may be lucrative.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think selling flowers will definitely depend on the country one resides. I do watch foreign films where romantic movements are characterized with gifting flowers. I just imagine me gifting my loved ones flower, the looks on them will even tell me they don't want it. But where it is fancy, it may be lucrative.
Your comment made me giggle. Oh well you just have to know what will trip the person you want to gift anything to before doing so. I know it isn't about everyone but some people still love and fancy flowers. But you can also decorate and furnished your environment with nice glowing flowers. You plant for others to buy too

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Flowers are most times bought for beautification and many rich people usually like to buy to put in their sorroundings ,but definitely you need to find a good location to sell those flowers , most especially the place where many people are or busy area I think that's where you would see more customers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think the flower growing is lucrative if you are the one that transports the flower to the vendor directly. The system here is that traders would buy the flowers from the farm at low price and deliver it to vendors at a high price. The main profit is taken by the traders which is a bad system here.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I believe selling flower some time will require one to be persevere because if one fall to a place where they don't value it my bro; one will suffer. If one really want to make good profit; the location really matter. If one locations is good people will be able to see what somebody display and buy.