Is Extraterrestrial Real Estate Business Possible In The Future?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The term "Real Estate Business" refers to sale and purchase of properties. When we say "Real Estate Business" we all natural think that a person is talking about selling or buying a property somewhere on the Earth. However, do you know that there are a few people who have proposed the idea of owning lands on other planets and other extraterrestrial objects? We know that man landed on the moon on 20th July, 1969 and this was a huge achievement of mankind, but no one would have thought that we would be thinking about real estate business after that. However, it seems that this concept might feel really interesting. After all, it would be a proud moment for anyone to claim that he or she owns a piece of land on the moon!

But the problem with this idea is that purchasing a land on moon or any other planet is technically illegal, according to a treaty signed by the world nations in the year 1967. Despite this, some private organizations claim that this treaty prevents world governments to claim ownership over any other extraterrestrial object. This, however, does not forbid people to buy lands on the moon or any other places in the space. According to Wikipedia, private organizations might require authorization in order to own properties in space. There have been many organizations that are planning to send humans to other planets for colonization purposes. So do you think that we will be dealing in real estate business that involves owning properties in space in the future?

arunima25

Verified member
We had a discussion about the same topic on the other forum site. And it seems that some people actually own a piece of land on moon and other extraterrestrial objects. Well, it's a part of some fun thing where group of people pay some minimum amount and pretend that they own a piece up in the milky way or other galaxies.
Well, Mars and inhabiting Mars is making news. Though it seems a far fetched dream right now, we can't rule out the possibility that it would be a reality down the lane and maybe sooner than we expect. With technology and all scientific advancements, we might be there on Mars soon and people might pay fir to abd fro trips there. And it might be the case in future when properties on Mars sell like hoy cakes.
But for now, I would not invest any penny in such pretend fun thing. And even in the future, I might not. Earth is beautiful and good enough for me.I belong here.

D

Deleted member 13140

Before I start reading, please please let this be about buying lands in other world like Mars and all that 🤣🤣 extraterrestrial real estate jeez.

Wow this is epic, like buying lands in space, one thing is certain, it could be a waste.. expect if humans somehow evolve and you know start breathing in space, but if we don't evolve to that, I don't think it would be a good use of money to start buying lands and properties in space, besides We don't know who actually owns it, it's space, any extraterrestrial could actually own that side of the land you purchased, very funny but logical 😄

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This reminds me of the news report (it was before the time of the internet) that a millionaire was duped to buy land in the moon. The real estate agent was so good as to produce a title to the acres of land on the moon that is near the sea of tranquility. The rich guy was convinced and he bought the land on the idea that sooner there will be a space lab on the moon just like in Antarctica. When you own a land then you can get a free ride to the Apollo space ship. That is downright crazy but it is true.

Getting back to reality I don't think real estate outside earth is possible in my lifetime or maybe even 100 years from now. Space travel is very expensive as shown by some enterprising billionaires. Even just a few minutes in outer space would cost millions of dollars.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
There is no other business on earth that has really opened up people's eyes to see the importance on earth as real estates management besides agriculture. Real estate has really gain alot of dominance and relevance in the business space. The business has really changed somany people's life and financial status positively. And the busj ems keeps improving by the day.

Real estate management business really gave building the true meaning of the word asset, I believe asset are what is suppose to bring in Income for the owner, and land and building are always classified as asset sometimes under fixed asset. Sometimes i get to disagreement with that position because I see some building thay are not bringing anything to their owner and the owner keeps spending money on the building to renovate it and keep it standing. And there some buildings that get destroyed in the face of natural disasters or human factor and this will end up becoming a big liability to the owner of such property.

But real estate management has proved this incorrect and has shown that buildings will remain asset. And with the recent technology it will continue to evolve and spread to other planets.