Is cryptocurrency investing halal or haram?

Queentener

I am no economist nor a financial adviser, but I do believe that I understand some basics about what money should be. Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies, claim to be the new money (or something like that). But at the very essence, their value is very much tied to the FIAT monetary system.my view on cryptos are:
A speculative instrument, hence… I personally see it as gambling. You can’t control much, and you don’t have a company that trades anything (bitcoin is not a company that sells bits or coins ). So, what’s controlling its value? Supply and Demand? Of what? And based on what value? Just like the stock market in many senses.

Not a valid form of money. Many things are quite unclear. If you have the time, Google about ‘ACChain’ and how they want to digitize assets and use cryptos with smart contracts. They did this already in Texas with properties So the thing gets a lot weirder… Many things are very very unclear at this point… However many claim its a way to do trade. True… its an alternative. BUT! Many use it as a means to get rich! Especially the early adopters. But in all, many things are still unclear about bitcoin. Well, to me at least. Your views will be appreciated.

Haypril

Wow, coming across such a powerful post is only by His grace. However, when considering religion point of view to transacting in Crypto currencies, I think in Islam, it is wrong To carry out such transaction that gives you more gain then you are expected to be in possession of. Islam believe every individual should seek a moderate rate of profit when in business.

Kabak95

People choose to invest in cryptocurrencies for different reasons but basically we know it's for financial advantage. It is for the future, looks promising with many opportunities as well. It even contribute to some country economy.