Is clothing business lucrative?

Good luck

Verified member
Cloth is one the major necessity of life.Apart from shelter,where you can lay your head and food to keep your system well and healthy.One thing you can't do without is what you put on to cover your nakedness.

Clothing is got from one of the major cash crop we have which is cotton.Cotton is one of the cash crop we have and we get thread from wool which help in making attires.

There is no place you will go that you won't see a boutique shop where clothes are being displayed for sale and you will see people moving in and out to get their choice,even this local fabric or attire is not left out.

Most dealers in clothing business are quite enormous in the market.Some people don't joke with what they want to put on.There is this saying that says.you will be addressed the way you look.

What i don't seem to get is that the way clothing business is fast moving.

I want to know if the business is really lucrative in the market and if it is advisable for one to venture into it.

Please your opinion will be highly appreciated. Thanks

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Clothing is essential and I don't think we have anyone that can stay without cloth. It is very lucrative business I must say. There are even some boutiques that do buy second hand grade and sell them in exorbitant to people. The fact is that location will determine the price to be selling some clothes at times.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The clothing business is lucrative. When you are trying to sell offline, you need to set up your shop in a business district. Location plays a great role in driving sales for an offline business. If you are selling online, marketing plays a great role in driving sales. You need to aggressively market your store.

funmi

Verified member
Of course, yes. Selling of clothes is very profitable. Many of my friends that I know who are selling clothes are making good money from the business. None of them has ever complained that they lost before. The only thing I think one should consider while purchasing and selling clothes is to identify your customers and know where to go to supply them. Recognizing the quality and those that will need them will be good for the business too.

Good luck

Verified member
Of course, yes. Selling of clothes is very profitable. Many of my friends that I know who are selling clothes are making good money from the business. None of them has ever complained that they lost before. The only thing I think one should consider while purchasing and selling clothes is to identify your customers and know where to go to supply them. Recognizing the quality and those that will need them will be good for the business too.
i do agree with your point about identifying the right customer to deal with when selling Clothing materials and the original materials for customer.but cloths are of different grades.Is it all the grades that are lucrative or there are some that are more lucrative and also have good value compare to others?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Clothing business is very lucrative especially the ladies wears. All you need to do is to locate a place where you can source for this clothing at a cheaper price then sell it to the people around you. Make sure the clothes you are selling are attractive and of high-quality if you want people to patronize you always.

Last edited:

Good luck

Verified member
Clothing business is very lucrative especially the ladies wears. All you need to do is to locate a place where you can source for this clothing at a cheaper price then sell it to the people around you. Make sure the clothes you are selling her attractive and of high-quality if you want people to patronize you always.
Talking of high quality products,we Should also consider the cost of acquiring such cloth because all fingers are not equal and we have some low class people who will not be able to afford it if the price is quite outrageous and they will want to go for cheap cloth and it may not be really bad as well probably used clothes from UK,US etc.

D

Deleted member 28127

Against all opinions the big majority of people are wearing same clothes for hole of year they may only purchase some new clothes in discount then when there is discount rest of year they are not purchasing new clothes. Except few minority of people that are fun of new clothes and then most of retailers have few customers hole the day and the only period they have much sales when they have discounts so unsold stock will be sold with 20 % or 30 % or 40 % or 50 % off. This is the sad truth that clothing business is not lucrative at all.

Good luck

Verified member
The clothing business is lucrative. When you are trying to sell offline, you need to set up your shop in a business district. Location plays a great role in driving sales for an offline business. If you are selling online, marketing plays a great role in driving sales. You need to aggressively market your store.
I think most people that really work on their store are people that are selling new clothes,i mean not used clothes from other countries.that is the way I see it and for their business to grow they need to do do their marketing well by going through some media or reaching out to people they know to patronize them and to also recommend other people to them

Good luck

Verified member
Against all opinions the big majority of people are wearing same clothes for hole of year they may only purchase some new clothes in discount then when there is discount rest of year they are not purchasing new clothes. Except few minority of people that are fun of new clothes and then most of retailers have few customers hole the day and the only period they have much sales when they have discounts so unsold stock will be sold with 20 % or 30 % or 40 % or 50 % off. This is the sad truth that clothing business is not lucrative at all.
Many people put on the same clothes a whole year even more than because they don't have the money to buy or purchase new wears and the only alternative they have is to manage the ones they have or or the try to get some cheap clothes that will not be too costly to buy. The business is really lucrative in the market.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive cloth business is a good business and very lucrative one. One can only make good profit there if one put it's business or shop in a nice place where it can be easily accessible to the customers. And if the person can as well create a platform or join some platform and be marketing it there it will really help alote.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Cloth business is very lucrative , lot have made a lot of money from the business , I think what you need to do is selling the trending and top notch clothes that the users would love to buy so you can make your profit and gains from the business you are doing

Skysaint

Verified member
Yeah, clothing business is very lucrative, I mean who doesn't need clothes? It's impossible for most people to stay for six months at most without getting a new dress. The only challenge is that the sale of clothes is very rampant nowadays so you need to make yours be of good quality.

Good luck

Verified member
Yeah, clothing business is very lucrative, I mean who doesn't need clothes? It's impossible for most people to stay for six months at most without getting a new dress. The only challenge is that the sale of clothes is very rampant nowadays so you need to make yours be of good quality.
Good qualities required good money and how many people can afford what is expensive nowadays instead people will tend to buy second hand wears that is a little bit grade since the money to buy new or high grade cloth is not there.Most people also find it difficult to change their wardrobe for six months that you men as well

Skysaint

Verified member
Good qualities required good money and how many people can afford what is expensive nowadays instead people will tend to buy second hand wears that is a little bit grade since the money to buy new or high grade cloth is not there.Most people also find it difficult to change their wardrobe for six months that you men as well
Actually my dad's retired and is recently dealing on clothing items and I can assure you that the business is cool and booming. You said some stuff about clothing price being too expensive to afford, now I tell you that anyone who wants to go into clothing business actually has the capital for that. I think what the poster meant is whether it's lucrative or not and not whether it's expensive to run.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In this pandemic era even the clothing stores are greatly affected. Our neighbor is a manufacturer of ready-to-wear clothes. Their business is struggling. The owner said that most clothing stores are closed so there is practically no order of their products. Many employees are getting hungry. But for sure the industry will pick up once the covid virus leaves.