Is child care business profitable

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have observed these days that parents used to be very busy and a lot of them cannot even take their children to their workplaces. This has been create a very big diamond for the services of daycare and child care centres but then I want to be sure before I can embark on this on whether it is profitable or it is not.

funmi

Verified member
Yes. Child care business is very profitable. If you have the passion and calling of taking care of children then you are good to go. More so, you must be a well known person in the environment where you want to start the child care business because people will have to make sure they can trust you with their children before bringing them to you. Am sure the business is profitable.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I have observed these days that parents used to be very busy and a lot of them cannot even take their children to their workplaces. This has been create a very big diamond for the services of daycare and child care centres but then I want to be sure before I can embark on this on whether it is profitable or it is not.
Its very profitable . But before one will start it. There must be provisions for good space with good ventilation. There room must be well equipped,electricity supply must be intact and there must be enough water. Make sure that you create awareness and When all these requirement is met then you can start and you will make good profit.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Child care business is profitable but the nature of the business is that you need to have the provisions that the child would need and a very strong security , because people children are obviously with you so you need to treat them well and secure them so any thing won't happen to them,that's what I know about when it comes to the business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This was my first paid task when growing up, though I never expected but my aunty surprise with monthly pay. Well, mine wasn’t much but was still okay for me. I think it will be profitable which will depend more on the client involved. A rich client will pay better.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Childcare business is undoubtedly a very profitable business and people with the right knowledge can venture into it and make a whole lot of money. This kind of business requires you to have knowledge of children's behaviour and you must also put the right equipment in place in order for them to have a good experience.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This business is not really a business but a passion. Before someone gets me wrong. I mean it is not a type of common business that anybody can just venture into. It requires having passion for children and how to care for their needs. If one possesses all these qualities, then the business can be lucrative.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
With the laws here on child abuse having a daycare center or even a baby sitting business is a delicate matter. Children now are smart that they can invent stories. Imagine if one child would complain that the caretaker hit him then the caretaker can go to jail and the business would be closed. The idea is that kids do not tell a lie. But unfortunately they do.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If your child care business is located in a dense neighborhood where most of the parents are working parents, your childcare business can be very profitable. You may not be able to recover your investment in one year, but you can earn profits from the second or the third year provided you have a lot of customers.

Haibso2003

In very populated areas like where it seems to be a very lucrative business. People open Montessori to take care of children while their parents are at work. However you can encounter problems with the kids and they tend to mess you your house making it difficult to clean up
The noise can be very unbearable too.

Mededd

I wouldn't say the child care business can be profitable. Again, it depends on several factors: first, if you are a nanny somewhere abroad, and the owners pay you a reasonable fee - then it is profitable, and secondly, if you participate in various funds to help children, we all know that 30% of the money collected do not reach the organizations.

Caramelle

A child care business can be very profitable depending on its location. In big cities, both parents are usually working and often have difficulties looking for a private nanny. In such cases, they will find it reasonable to pay a daycare center for taking care of a toddler or young child during the day while they are both at work. The daycare center is more than just a place for parents to leave their children. It is usually expected to provide some activities that will entertain and teach them. In most cases, there will be other children in the center and this arrangement can provide opportunities for children to socialize or mingle with other people.

The place should be spacious and some investment will have to be made on furniture and play equipment to keep the children occupied. It should comply with existing standards for this type of facility if one wishes to make it a formal business. Security is also a concern as child safety is a big responsibility.​

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Childcare is a business that combines heart and head. It's hard to say if it's profitable or not. There are several factors that contribute to the success of a childcare business. One factor is the location of the childcare center. If the facility is near a school or in an area where the residents are home during the day, there will be a steady number of clients. Another factor that contributes to success of a day care center is having knowledgeable, effective teachers on duty. The ratio between adults and children should be low-teens or better, depending on the age group served. The staff should be trained to work with children who have special needs, such as autism. Having fun activities on hand for both infants and older children will keep them coming back for more fun time at the center.

In some countries child care is a growth business as well as a potentially very profitable one. But, it carries risks. You could get sued or forced out of business if an injury occurs. Taxes alone can eat up 40 percent of profits. You can't run the business from home, and some zoning laws may not allow it nearby. And your potential customers the parents are picky and some operate on thin budgets.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Taking care of a child is a great task and most not forget that the parents may not actually be able to fulfill all of this because of their job. Some of the parents works in any consumer rights organisation that will require them to not bring the child to the workplace. This is exactly why there is need for a particular unit that could be used or could be managed by someone to help take care of our children, most especially the children of the working class. The working-class are often found wanting in this regard and many times they will need people that will help them take care of their children. This is when the need of a daycare services arises. I have seen many good day care services make millions of dollars doing their job and one can actually tap into that kind of business if you have the passion of taking care of children. Nevertheless this not a business you can just jump into if you don't have the passion for it because children could be frustrating sometimes. If you have the gift for child care it is a very good way to make a cool amount of money for yourself.

Pwnation

Yes I stand to say that child care business is profitable with the following reasons of mine and empirical studies. Nowadays parents are unable to look after their kids because of the nature of there job and tight schedules. Most of them works from hour to hour without no time for rest hence, they prefer hiring teachers and child care givers to look and take good care of there kids till they return from work.