Is Buying a Home The Safest Investment?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people believe that buying a home is the safest investment. They believe you can start living in your own home by making $20-30K down payment and paying the mortgage for 20-25 years. Sadly, they don’t realize they are buying liabilities for 20-25 years. They not only have to pay a mortgage but also other expenses like house maintenance, insurance, taxes, etc.

When the developers build the house, they get a loan from banks, and banks make money by lending money to the developers. When people buy homes, they get a house loan and they pay interest on loans to the banks. So, ultimately, banks benefit from this market.

The housing market was created as a product for a bank so that they can lend money to make money. In order to lend money, the banks needed a product. Business is a product, a lot of people get a business loan, but it is risky because the business might not succeed. However, people with an income will pay the house loan. There are no risks for the banks.

niche

Verified member
Real estate is not a safe investment even if you are not taking a loan, because in some countries, greedy politicians, officials are always trying to grab property and also the savings, resume of the person who has purchased the property. In some places, the government agencies refuse to admit that a property is just an investment, which the investor can sell at the market price. Instead they are falsely linking the identity of professionals with the property and trying to grab the assets, savings of the property owner.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Buying a house may not actually be the safest investment but most of the time it depends on the reason you are buying the house . If you are just buying a house for the main purpose of living and paying back the remaining then there is nothing wrong with that , at least you are able to get an apartment for yourself and your family for the rest of your life..

If I have to decide the best investment for me , it will definitely be a situation in which I have to invest in lands because I consider that to be the safest investment. For as long as the location you are buying the land is perfect then the possibility of it lasting for years is possible and the value will keep on increasing , whereas in housings I believe the value will decrease after a certain period of constant increase as new designs takes over.

Shigobad2020

Though buying a house might not be the safest investment on earth , but its one of the safest investment I know , because a house doesn't drink fuel like cars do , and if you buy a house , you can actually turn it into a real estate business and investment by renting it out and making money from it which makes the house a good money making business for you as the landlord ,
And if you borrowed a money to build your house or to develop an estate , you will be given at least twenty to twenty five years to pay back which gives you the opportunity of making money for repayment by renting out the house to people and making good amount of money in return .
To me , real estate business is a good and lucrative business that will keep yielding money for your family even when you die

rubesh

Valued Contributor
A lot of people believe that buying a home is the safest investment. They believe you can start living in your own home by making $20-30K down payment and paying the mortgage for 20-25 years. Sadly, they don’t realize they are buying liabilities for 20-25 years. They not only have to pay a mortgage but also other expenses like house maintenance, insurance, taxes, etc.

When the developers build the house, they get a loan from banks, and banks make money by lending money to the developers. When people buy homes, they get a house loan and they pay interest on loans to the banks. So, ultimately, banks benefit from this market.

The housing market was created as a product for a bank so that they can lend money to make money. In order to lend money, the banks needed a product. Business is a product, a lot of people get a business loan, but it is risky because the business might not succeed. However, people with an income will pay the house loan. There are no risks for the banks.

So, in short, buying a home is not the safest investment. It is safer than investments such as stocks or business, but the returns are usually lower. The time value of the money, when making an investment, should also be kept in mind.