Is blogging different from writing a book

D

Deleted member 13140

When writing a book you're writing a story or a case study or a guide. Fiction or non fiction.
While in a blog you are providing people knowledge on a specific topic, which is in smaller bit size.

Not even a book worm would read a blog topic about fantasy battle with over 100,000 words. But they would if it was a novel.
Also novels aren't written in blog form.
Cheers

Mika

VIP Contributor
Blogging and writing a book requires different skills. UNless you book is a collection of short articles or essays, it is really difficult to write a full length of book (300 pages), but if you have writing skills and if you know about the topics, you can easily write blog posts. It is also very difficult to generate sales for you book

D

Deleted member 28127

A blog can be a book as each chapter can be written in various articles and then reader has to browse sub category that is a chapter from book written online but most of blogger doesn't want to do this work for one reason or another they concentrate on short articles then this is really up to them to choose that it is educative blog or book blog or news blog then this is why you didn't find a blog in form of book generally. It is a really hard work.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have seen blogs where a who book is written. I remember those days when I used to read fantasy stories and of course adult stories. I would always browse around the blog to read everything about the story they are talking about. But blogger requires some skills such as SEO in order to get traffic.

D

Deleted member 13140

Blogging and writing a book requires different skills. UNless you book is a collection of short articles or essays, it is really difficult to write a full length of book (300 pages), but if you have writing skills and if you know about the topics, you can easily write blog posts. It is also very difficult to generate sales for you book
Well I don't think it's difficult to generate sales for a book. I mean tons of people love reading fiction books..
With the right plan I could do it.

D

Deleted member 13140

A blog can be a book as each chapter can be written in various articles and then reader has to browse sub category that is a chapter from book written online but most of blogger doesn't want to do this work for one reason or another they concentrate on short articles then this is really up to them to choose that it is educative blog or book blog or news blog then this is why you didn't find a blog in form of book generally. It is a really hard work.
I think anyone interested in writing books, would want to have a brand and actual book collections not blog. So there you have it

They is a reason why novels are in books and blogs are on Google.

People who write Books want to be known as the best book writer, you can't really be a novelist without an actual set of novels you've written on paper not blog.

D

Deleted member 13140

I have seen blogs where a who book is written. I remember those days when I used to read fantasy stories and of course adult stories. I would always browse around the blog to read everything about the story they are talking about. But blogger requires some skills such as SEO in order to get traffic.
Yes that one would be different.
Which is that a blogger is merely doing a recap of the actual novel, not creating one him/herself

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I think both of them are quite different but have the same bottom line. If you are an expert author of a widely read book, it will be pretty much easier for you to go into blogging in order to expand source of income for yourself. You can also use blog to sell your books to your target audience.

Last edited:

Good luck

Verified member
They are two different things entirely.If you are talking about blogging,it required the use of Internet and the use of some software.It require a good idea and understanding.But for writing a book,you may not need an internet fully though you will need to get some information from the internet.You can read from blogs,you can also read a norm write up.

D

Deleted member 28127

I think anyone interested in writing books, would want to have a brand and actual book collections not blog. So there you have it

They is a reason why novels are in books and blogs are on Google.

People who write Books want to be known as the best book writer, you can't really be a novelist without an actual set of novels you've written on paper not blog.
I have make a little search about such feature I find that bluehost is offering such feature for bloggers. Bluehost is known for Wordpress Hosting. You can take a look of full tutorial : How to Turn a Blog into a Book
It is true that a book writer doesn't want to be a novelist however some book writers has book about a period of their daily life so in some points this can be some interference between books and blogs and some bloggers also have also the ability to run a blog to speak about their daily life however other kinds of blogs are still available.

D

Deleted member 13140

I think both of them are quite different but have the same bottom line. If you are an expert author of a widely read book, it will be pretty much easier for you to go into blogging in order to expand source of income for yourself. You can also use block to sell your books to your target audience.
Yes you're right.
But anyone doing this will have to stick to a specific niche in other to get your book readers to also view your blog

D

Deleted member 13140

I have make a little search about such feature I find that bluehost is offering such feature for bloggers. Bluehost is known for Wordpress Hosting. You can take a look of full tutorial : How to Turn a Blog into a Book
It is true that a book writer doesn't want to be a novelist however some book writers has book about a period of their daily life so in some points this can be some interference between books and blogs and some bloggers also have also the ability to run a blog to speak about their daily life however other kinds of blogs are still available.
Waw I wasn't aware one could turn their blog to a book, that's fantastic. Well Thanks for the information

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Yes you're right.
But anyone doing this will have to stick to a specific niche in other to get your book readers to also view your blog
Yes it is very important to focus in niche where you have the core expertise. It will be pretty much easier to gather more audience doing this than to spread your wings across other niche you don't have expertise in. A friend of mine uses our blog to sell our ebooks and he is making good money at end of every month.

D

Deleted member 13140

Yes it is very important to focus in niche where you have the core expertise. It will be pretty much easier to gather more audience doing this than to spread your wings across other niche you don't have expertise in. A friend of mine uses our blog to sell our ebooks and he is making good money at end of every month.
Yeah congrats to him, am actually considering whether I should start that. But now am going to do it

uforwealth

Verified member
Both blog and book writing are different in terms of profitability,time and exposure.A blog is more profitable than writing books. A single viral blog post which doesn't take much time to write can turn a blogger into a millionaire whereas book writing takes more time,effort, unless you want to write a low content or low quality book which may not be in demand.