Is blogging better than youtube?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Blogging make it pretty much easier for someone of any age to start making money online if they have passion for writing.

Blogging is for you if you like to share information with the rest of the people around you. Blogging can be done as a side hustle in which you post contents on weekend or anytime of your choice.

Blogging is good for someone who lie to get their opinion across the board without showing their face. This is the reason why you see some people using pen name on their blog.

YouTube on the other and require you to face camera often while you are creating video for YouTube channel. You need a lot of equipment to generate quality videos.

So I want to ask that is is blogging better than trying to make money from YouTube channel?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The two work the same way. The only diffrence is that they use diffrent channels. They are both passing information to their users. But while one is using visual, the other is using written. Before we can conclude the better out of the two, we need to consider the audience. What do they really like, visual or reading?

Good luck

Verified member
I will not conclude about the fact of both..what is certain is they are both good but how you go about them is different starting from their usage.U tube is a channel viewed by a lot of people and you also get more command comments when you blog.so it depends on every individual to choose which ever one to work with.

Jonaville

In my opinion, I feel YouTube, or blogging, as it is commonly called, is somehow better than blogging. This is because you get to showcase whatever you have to present in form of videos which I find very entertaining than opening blogs. Of course, each man with his own preference.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This may be a very difficult question because there will be a lot of variable opinions. Blogging has its advantages and disadvantages. YouTube on the other hand has its advantages and also disadvantages. I think promoting a product on YouTube is much more effective than blog because people trust video content more than mere blog post.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It all depends on your interest but both of them will require a large traffic before you are able to make money, YouTube maybe one of the best because it it gives you time as you do not have to post a video all the day but blogging will require you to post at least three times every day which might be stressful and might also interfere with your other offline activities.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You need money to start a blog (domain registration and hosting), however, you can start youtube for free (you need a camera to shoot videos and a computer to edit videos, but if you are talking about blogging and vlogging, I guess you already have access to these things). If you blog, you can monetize your blog with adsnese in less than a month, however, with youtube it might take over 6 months just to reach the monetization threshold and even one year to start earning. Having said that you will be able to earn more form youtube compared to blogs because videos have better reach.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Both have pros and cons. Blogging is easier for writing in depth and optimizing content for search. But YouTube delivers engaging visuals and higher audience potential. YouTube requires more involved video production. Blogs build authority over time through content. YouTube can drive viral moments faster. Rather than pitting them against each other, using both platforms synergistically can maximize your reach and impact overall.