Business Ideas Is Bananas Farming a Profitable business?

D

drkwright30

Any kind of farming sounds like a great investment but bananas that's straight gold ! Never thought about it

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
First of all, agriculture business can be classified as a food business as well, the main point I am trying to make is that, it is a good way of making money but selling of bananas will depend on the kind of location you happen to find yourself, I mean there are some places that they do not really eat bananas, not that they don’t consume it at all, but the selling rates will be very low well I understand that every business do have that as one of the factors that could affect one’s sales. But that should be more reason to take it seriously

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Security really matters , because the banana you are trying to plant could be stolen by school pupil and people , because I have once experienced similar thing like that ,so you actually first needs to work on that before any thing else to build up your business and make more gain from through banana plantation

Skysaint

Verified member
Banana farming as you've called it is very profitable, virtually every agricultural business is profitable due to the fact that we need it's products to sustain us while going about our day to day activities. My parents have a little banana plantation just behind our building and trust me when I say that it's very profitable just that it seems it's seasonal

D

Deleted member 28127

Banana generally is a consumable products and people who are thinking of investing in banana business must understand that this type of business do not generate profit with immediate effect as you will allow the banana to grow, it can be profitable if you are using a good soil for the planting and when the harvest is much.
It is not question of that it is not successfull job it is question of people budgetary, generally when you are only selling bananas sales will be low due to high price of bananas on the market, that is why agricultors diversify their products so in case that bananas doesn't have good returns another product for example abricot has a lot of sales.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many people who are involved in banana farming and most of this is done by local farmers in my city and some bananas also grown in rural areas and then they are brought to the city by wholesalers so that they could sell them. You would need a large area to grow bananas.

C

coffeeandcash

Banana farming could be a highly lucrative business, but its success is governed by several factors. At the heart of any business - money - how much you have to seed the business and to keep it going while you grow it. You will need to consider where the business will be and decide how to acquire the right fertile commercial agricultural land for the business, whether it is leased or you buy it outright. Then you will need to consider the planting and cultivation of the land. How will you promote the business, who will you sell to and who will be your distribution partner/s.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course, banana business is a very lucrative business unless you have stated you need to put those things in place if you really want to become very successful at it. A fertile land is very important because if you plant banana in the land that is not fertile, you will definitely not make profit. The business is a big business and you must have sufficient capital.

A

askchofor

Banana Farming? that must be a wonderful idea, but never across such business. but it sounds interesting.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like that line about security because that is one of the common problems of small farms here. The fruiting trees would be attacked at night by the robbers. Some of the farms have a hut for the caretaker but those with no guard or security would certainly lose part of their expected harvest to those fruit robbers.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
A friend of mine approached me that we should start a farming business so I told him that we should make some findings on some farming business that can yield us more profit.

After awhile we consulted a man which we used to see as some body who had been in to the business of farming before.
And this man told us that there are some things we need to put in to consideration before we start any farm business. These are:

(1) One need to look out for a good land that is fatal or good.

(2) Security of the place so that thief may not be stealing the farm produce.

(3) Make sure that by the time we harvest the farm produce there is a market for it.

(4) One should not be too hasting to make big profit at the start of the business.

(5) One should make provision for time to time maintenance.

So if all these stages or point is met then one will be able to succeed is doing Bananas Farming business and there is tendency of making good money from it.

Did you think this type of business is profitable?
Your own idea matters a lot at this moment

Richee84

I don't have much knowledge about banana farming but I know banana has different usage for us. Most of all agricultural crops are lucrative in nature and I think banana will not be exceptional. Banana farming will be very lucrative if well cultivated and manage. Banana can be transform to different form for different usages.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't really know more about banana farming. But I know all agriculture investments are profitable. But at times, it depends on the mamagement of that investment. There are most time that people don't know much about a particular agricultural investment, and still venture into it. That is automatic loss.

Phabbyfundz

Banana farming is a really cost effective business , as bananas are known to be an annual crop. A banana pudding planted into the ground doesn't die away with proper tending and care even soil properties that single pudding can produce other seedlings and life span continues over a long period of time.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Banana generally is a consumable products and people who are thinking of investing in banana business must understand that this type of business do not generate profit with immediate effect as you will allow the banana to grow, it can be profitable if you are using a good soil for the planting and when the harvest is much.