Is baking a good start for a home based business?

boomskie24

My wife loves to watch baking shows online and she ask me to buy her baking stuffs that she can use for her to start a home based business, but I'm kind of doubtful about it because I'm seeing a lot of online stores that sells cupcakes and cookies and I'm thinking that it might be not a good idea to invest to baking because there's a lot of competitors.

Kakashi2020

My wife loves to watch baking shows online and she ask me to buy her baking stuffs that she can use for her to start a home based business, but I'm kind of doubtful about it because I'm seeing a lot of online stores that sells cupcakes and cookies and I'm thinking that it might be not a good idea to invest to baking because there's a lot of competitors.

Baking can be a lucrative business I have some friends a husband and wife team that has been selling cupcakes for several years their specialty is a variant of the Red Velvet cupcake which has a creamy strawberry liquor middle. They've been at it for 5 years now and peak season are from September to March, this includes, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's and Graduation month which is March.

They sell their cupcakes and muffins online via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram,. They also do deliveries and they constantly market their products.

fishbate

Well, if you think you have a product that has potential and could make some income then go for it. The best way to do it is lay out your plan and resources. Try to foresee problems in the future or in the process then try to have corrective measures written even before your business is not starting yet. Business is always a risk and a decision that needs planning.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You don't have to be scare of competition. See them being there to motivate you and keep you working hard. If everyone look at competitors then they will not start their dream business. Believe in your wife to deliver through her unique style and inspiration. She can do it you just have to give her the chance and support where necessary

funmi

Verified member
Well, in my own experience with baking work, I noticed that baking job as a lot to do with your passion and interest in it. If your wife has passion and love for baking let her give it a trial but it doesn't mean she will start making alot of money at once. It takes time to learn and start baking business, it also requires a lot of patient. But with time, things will change and when she is good at it, it will definitely be good for her.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
There is always competitors in our ways, no matter what we choose to do. I don't see how having so many people doing that will be a problem for her, so far she's planning to start and do her own differently, all you need is to get her what she needs and support her fervently. We all need to start from somewhere and hope for the best.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Its definitely not too competitive in my location, and even if its competitive you could create a very good and suitable taste of the baking taste and others so that the consumer would always want to purchase from you , its a good business just take a better location and do more promotion to make sure the demand of your sales increase

Setho

VIP Contributor
If you want to be a large-scale producer of bakery products that you can give it out to people to retain it out, you are actually going to need some space in order to start. So if you want to start a home-based bakery then you should know that you you definitely need some space. I said that I think it is a very good business idea.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Baking is very profitable and its a good idea. Starting this type of business will require some experience and if one can possess that there will be a great success in the business. It will be advisable for somebody that really want to start such a business especially where there is a lot of competitors to package his/her business very well in order to make its own product different and unique to others.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Competition cannot be ruled out, but why being afraid of it? There are lots of paying sites online, many were here before Trendri started, yet it is among top sites now. You have to do some thing to sell, like promoting your wife's stuff, giving out free samples etc to make it popular.