Auto Insurance Is auto insurance a liability?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Spelling and sentence errors
It's pretty much easier for you to move around the city if you have your car of your home. You don't need to wait for uber if you are going for an important meeting.

Before I could say anything, I would like to tell you my definition of liability. A thing will become liability when it keeps taking money out of your pocket without any replacement.

This got me thinking about auto insurance where you are paying premium either every month or on quarter basis. If you have a good maintenance culture, you can use a car for 5 years.

When this happens, you have to keep paying premium depending on your plan. You might not get anything in return from the insurance company if nothing happens to the car.

Can we say that auto insurance is a liability in this way?

Last edited:

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is not all instance we need to purchase. In fact, we need to make sure that the probability of having the events happening is very high. If the event is not that high in probability, then there may not be need to go into such insurance policy. Auto insurance is better done by a frequent car user than a private owner.

Good luck

Verified member
i don't think a car insurance is a liability because you pay your premium yearly i mean it is paid once every year and once you have any issue with your car either an accident or a theft you are entitled to get your reward from any insurance company you are partnering with.that is the benefits of an insurance company.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
To me, I really do not think auto insurance is a liability because first of all, the policy is being bought by the actual person and of course the client is definitely not out of his or her mind when he or she made the decision to purchase the plan

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I don't think it's a liability , because the risk you are covering or protecting against could happen at anytime and if it occurs the insurance company would be present to cover the risk for you and ease you the stress of replacing the risk you are protecting against ,that's the benefit

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Personally if I am not a transporter or someone who travels a lot then there is no need of me by an auto insurance because it may be useless after all. sometimes some people consider insurance as a liability and not investment because of this kind of cases. But generally it should be an investment.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Personally if I am not a transporter or someone who travels a lot then there is no need of me by an auto insurance because it may be useless after all. sometimes some people consider insurance as a liability and not investment because of this kind of cases. But generally it should be an investment.
I think before buying an insurance policy it's very important to check the benefit it will add and contribute to you , because most times there are some insurance policy that dosent relate to the person life style and buying such policy would serve as a pure waste to the person i think

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It depends. To be honest, I don't the best thing is to make sure to insure the car that really worth being insured. There are some instances where the car won't is not advisable to insure if the car is old. But if the car is okay, it won't be a liability.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Auto insurance is not a liability. It is true that you will have to continue to pay for insurance even though you may not get any benefits just because no accidents have occurred, but think another way round, what if you get into an accident? YOu can easily recover the financial damages.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The truth is that insurance copy is about a probability. It just like throwing up a dice you can expect any side to show whether up or down. So same is with insurance, it is better to insure in case anything happens. But if it doesn't happen then so be it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Before going into any insurance policy plan you should always have in mind, reasons that led you to going into such policy plan. You shouldn't just go into such policy plan without setting or drawing the line perfectly what it will bring in for you in the future. If you're going into auto insurance, it means you're always busy on the road, and you wouldn't like to lose it all when something unimaginable occurs in the future.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I have the same thought but I come to realise that there is absolutely no way out to auto insurance because it's important of you want your vehicle to ply the public roads. The government of my country have really created a revenue for the insurance company who would not cover the losses in all cases.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though it really do occur some time that when some one is paying premium continuously it will look like its a liability but one take up insurance policy because no one really know the actual time that the occurrence will be. So therefore I think insurance is not a liability in any way.