Shares/Stock Investing Mistakes I think you should avoid

D

Deleted member 13140

You may make a few investing mistakes along the way, but there are a few major blunders you must avoid if you want to be a great investor. For example, the most common investing blunder is failing to invest at all or deferring investment until later. Make your money work for you, even if all you have is $20 to invest every week!

That's why I invest at least $20, it's not much but at least am investing below my means

Another Huge mistake I know majority is doing, is investing in other to get rich quickly, That is the most risk filled thing to do, You are certainly going to lose, because investing isn't a get rich quick scheme. Believe it or not, because if it was so easy to invest and get returns or dividends in huge amounts, everyone will be doing it and certainly everyone will be rich, invest for the long haul, ride the storm, I have an option to withdraw my investments, am tempered to because they are going ridiculously down, but well, since the money i invested isn't 90% of my finance, I have almost no problem leaving it there for ever.

Another Mistake would be investing in just one company, never make the mistake of putting your egg in one basket

Hassanbenjamin

Many people make mistakes in investment. Investment mistakes is speedily on the rise as people are eager to make money quickly and by any possible means and that made it more risky. People nowadays fall victims of ponzi scheme platforms. Ponzi is a process whereby investors' returns are paid for directly by later investors' investments, giving the false impression that the investment is viable, which is alternatively described as robbing Peter to pay Paul. It is one of the numerous mistakes made by investors that may them prey to their predators and fraudulent people masquerading as those running a legit business platforms.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Everybody who invested their money on any sort of investment are doing it for the main purpose of getting rich or making profit from their investment but those people that are investing their money for the main purpose of making quick profit are doing it wrong because that is not the main purpose of investment and in most cases naturally investment are supposed to be for long-term purposes, when I was just a novice in the cryptosystem I didn't really understand the difference between long-term purposes investment and short-term but now I have come to understand that investing for short-term purposes is it just a waste of time and now any investment I am doing in cryptocurrency it is always for long-term purposes because that is how I will be able to get the best profit out from my investment, the volatile nature of cryptocurrency might even make short term investment to be unprofitable.. lastly the reason why I don't really care about the high volatility in cryptocurrency is because I only invest the amount of money I am willing to lose so even if the market goes against me I still wouldn't bothered about it... This strategy has been working for me perfectly.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
These are simple investing hacks or tips people need to do. let they always say the time to act is now. if you are sure that an investment opportunity is a legit one it is good to grab it immediately maybe just start with a small amount and see how it goes. no need just keep procrastinating and waiting for a perfect time. No perfect time anywhere, just go ahead and invest.

Another one is to be mindful of any investment plan that's too good to be true. These kind of investment plans will always be available you should be wary of them as these are always handwork of scammers trying to get people's hard earned money so one need to be mindful of these investment plans.

lastly I agree with you that one shouldn't put all their money on one site or company. if anything happens to that company is t will be total loss.

Wiserr

You may make a few investing mistakes along the way, but there are a few major blunders you must avoid if you want to be a great investor. For example, the most common investing blunder is failing to invest at all or deferring investment until later. Make your money work for you, even if all you have is $20 to invest every week!

That's why I invest at least $20, it's not much but at least am investing below my means

Another Huge mistake I know majority is doing, is investing in other to get rich quickly, That is the most risk filled thing to do, You are certainly going to lose, because investing isn't a get rich quick scheme. Believe it or not, because if it was so easy to invest and get returns or dividends in huge amounts, everyone will be doing it and certainly everyone will be rich, invest for the long haul, ride the storm, I have an option to withdraw my investments, am tempered to because they are going ridiculously down, but well, since the money i invested isn't 90% of my finance, I have almost no problem leaving it there for ever.

Another Mistake would be investing in just one company, never make the mistake of putting your egg in one basket
You have already mentioned most of the basic mistake that people usually do when it comes to investment, wguvh can cause lost in there business, but ibam very sure investing in any legit platform is good after one knows much about the site, the thing that usually cause this failure and lost in investment in always the desire of the people to succeed and be rich within short time which is not possible, but in order to succeed one had to start gradually till his investment and way of making money explore.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My investment at present is only in one kind of stocks owned by the biggest bank in our country. It is called blue chip stocks which means my investment is safe. Why the need to scatter my $20,000 when I can invest it all in a blue chip stock? By the end of the month my stocks will earn a cash dividend that I hope would be substantial. However, the annual dividend is minimal according to old timers in that stocks. I just have to be patient and there is no need to hurry for a bigger return.

D

Deleted member 28127

There is no investment mistake there are new investment strategies that you have to place carefully your funds in the purpose of learning how it works or how you could generate profit after reading documentation and courses and watching youtube methods or old investment methods where you have acquired enough knowledge means you have full information about how it works means if you lose 20 $ in the new earning method it is not the end of the world you may try again or quit this method of investment this choice is up to you finally. But it is called a mistake for methods you have knowledge.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
One of the major investing mistakes I see is investing your all saving in one company. These people are driven by greed and start buying shares from the same company just because they see the share prices are skyrocketing. The share market is easily manipulated by whales. A person who has millions of dollars can easily manipulate the market by buying a lot of shares. This create the share price to go up. When the share price reaches all time high, these people start selling, which leads to the share price going deep ultimately. You need to diversify your investment to minimize risk.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Each person knows what works for him when it comes to investment. It is always good to invest and never let your money stay idle but the fact, there is always the need to know more about the investment that we want to embark on to avoid losing of money while trying to make more. Not all websites deserve our for investment even the real ones. Investment is a two edge sword that may favour or go against us.

E

eldavis

One investing mistake everyone should try their very best to avoid would be investing in all that they have, taking huge risk. It's best to invest only what you are okay with loosing not every single capital you have then become stranded.