Shares/Stock Investing in Stocks During the Market Crash

Mika

VIP Contributor
The rise and the fall of the stock market are recurring phenomena. If you have been watching the stock market for a while or have been investing on various markets, you will notice that all investment gurus tell you to buy during the dip.

When you start buying during the dip, you will find that every time you buy during the dip, it keeps dipping. This is very frustrating

The worst part is you run out of money and you can no longer buy during the dip.

Wouldn’t it be nice when you know exactly when the dip will stop dipping and you could stop wasting money by buying at the lowest low?

Well, there is a way to do this, you can buy during the lowest dip. This is called buy limit order. You can set your buy order to the lowest psychological level and forget about everything. When the market goes bullish, you start making money.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Buy the dip strategy works everywhere, but fall also means loss, moreover in stock market, even 2% fall is considered as crash, it isn't very popular, plus there are multiple problems in investing. Yet during the fall, we can buy high amount and sell when market is up, a friend of mine made good return by this strategy during 2008 crash. I should have followed, however, am not buying due to my loss in crypto investment.

Suba

Staff member
Buy limit order means that the stock order that we will buy is pending order at a price below the current running price. and you will place a pending buy limit order at the price you have predicted and hope the price will reverse or move up. Buy limit orders will be of great help to intraday traders who are always looking for small quick profits on swing trades. But big investors (whales) often place buy limit orders at various price levels so they will get the best average price. But in my opinion there is no guarantee that the buy limit order will be executed, because the price will be able to roll back up before reaching the limit order. It also often happens that if you use a buy limit order you will be charged a higher commission by the broker.