Investing in old cars (for refurbishing when there is a buyer)

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
An old car is always wanting in buyers. For an investor who buys old cars he should bear in mind that he can always haggle down to the lowest price. If the owner doesn’t sell to you then you just move on to the next prospect. In fairness to the buyer there are many old cars that are being sold especially now in this pandemic era. But before closing the deal you will advertise the old car to a potential buyer. The ad can have the old car on the left and the expected finish on the right. When a buyer accepts the offer then get a down payment and you pay the owner of the old car so the work can be started.

IMG_8171 old volks.JPG
An old car is bought to be refurbished. That means a good painting job, reconditioning the engine and retrofitting the interiors. After the refurbishing the old car should look new and probably can pass off as a vintage car. Anyway an old car of more than 20 years old can be considered vintage.

The business of refurbishing cars is very lucrative especially in the third world countries. The only problem especially in my country is that the clearance of such a vehicle gets the same process as new cars especially if you are buying it from outside the country. However, if you want to make use of local mechanic, the cost will be reduced.

What most people dwelled on now is refurbishing of old car to resale again and this method is profitable now a days.
When you get to social media what most people are doing is this type of business.
And this really require connection from many location so that more customer will patronised.

The business of refurbishing cars is very lucrative especially in the third world countries. The only problem especially in my country is that the clearance of such a vehicle gets the same process as new cars especially if you are buying it from outside the country. However, if you want to make use of local mechanic, the cost will be reduced.
Same here, old cars that are refurbishes have to undergo the process of clearance especially when the paint color was changed. But if you are in that business you need to have connections in the land travel office so that will not be a big issue. I don't know about imported cars because it is not easy with the expensive tax on the importation.

There is a huge market for reconditioned cars in my home country. If I was not a software developer and if I did not have any income opportunities, I would have definitely become a card dealer. However, selling refurbished cars is profitable only in small towns, in big cities people usually buy new cars. Maybe you could get refurbished cars from cities and then sell them in small towns.

My last car was a second-hand one and it gave me good service for 10 long years before I resold it. I got it at a very affordable rate and it was a wonderful deal. Second-hand car dealers are mushrooming in my city and it is a profitable business here. The economic disparity here is a cause for them to flourish. The rich here keep changing their cars very frequently and the ones that belong to the middle class can get a second-hand car in good condition at an affordable price. The dealers here just mediate the deal and get a good commission for each car sold.

That sounds like a great business idea. It makes old is gold to be also true for old cars. Refurbishing them will make look new such that people will be ready to buy them. Plus they will buy at good prices better than that which you bought them for. You should just be careful that the products used for refurbishing don't become too expensive that it becomes unprofitable in the end.

This is a particular business that I have observed that has been flourishing in the recent times. Brands like Volkswagen beetle and those old models of Mercedes-Benz are of high demand right now. It is actually a good thing if you are able to buy them and refurbish them for sale.