Investing in a religious group

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Let me share this investment scheme of KAPA, a religious group headed by Pastor Joel. Members are encouraged to give donation. In return God will bless them with 30% monthly interest on their donation. Clearly it is an investment scheme that is HYIP because it is too good to be true.

What started the hype was when someone got paid the blessing of 30% interest. The people in his circle joined the religious sect. If they had no savings they borrowed money from the usurer to donate to the sect of Pastor Joel. That was the boom period of the investment scheme until those who invested later on didn’t receive the promised blessings from God. Why so? Because they have not recruited. Now Pastor Joel is in jail for a case of estafa (swindle).

To me , I will not call such thing an investment because it lacks the features of investment . It can only be seen as a way of supporting the work of God and one who puts money in such, shouldn't expect that he is going to be paid from it. God will reward the person at his own convinent time .
As for you said , it is a risky thing and the pastor seems not to be a true man if God. Because things doesn't work that way.

That's how religious leaders earn their money to take care of the church needs, and also use it too to stock his or her pocket. Some aren't having human reverence, they'll take from the church even from the less privileged, and never reward those less privileged ones anything tangible for life like, taking of their needs when they need help and so much more.

To me , I will not call such thing an investment because it lacks the features of investment . It can only be seen as a way of supporting the work of God and one who puts money in such, shouldn't expect that he is going to be paid from it. God will reward the person at his own convinent time .
As for you said , it is a risky thing and the pastor seems not to be a true man if God. Because things doesn't work that way.
I have to agree with you that this is not a good investment for anyone that looks to investing in the real sense of it. I think giving what one can and then waiting for God blessings will be a lot better than otherwise. I don’t see this method of investment being really productive

My..my.. how could someone scam people in the name of God. Why is God's creation so greedy about money and are selling God to make money in their filthy life? Maybe it is easier for someone to attract investment in the name of God, perhaps people will trust the investment scheme because it is offered by religious group.

The country where I stay consist of a lot of people who are overly religious. Here it is actually much more easier for you to pull out a community than for you to be able to successfully market a product so if you want to be successful in marketing a product to a particular people then you should make it in such a way that it suits their own believes.

My..my.. how could someone scam people in the name of God. Why is God's creation so greedy about money and are selling God to make money in their filthy life? Maybe it is easier for someone to attract investment in the name of God, perhaps people will trust the investment scheme because it is offered by religious group.
That Pastor Joel is wise to think that people can easily be fooled in the name of religion. Ask a donation that can be treated as an investment is a very clean trick. Many are gullible to invest and some even borrowed money for that into thinking that it was a religious group. When the group's lair was raided by the cops the aides of the Pastor have high powered guns.

I am a spiritualist. I would not consider myself a religious person. There is a difference between religion and spirituality. I dislike the religious institutions, I dislike the religious leaders. Well, I don't hate religion but I hate people and institutions that are trying to make religion a business. Most of the problems in this world are created by religions.

I said in one of my posts that I don't do religion. Because I see as an opium of the masses. It makes people believe what cannot happen and make them thing everything in life is all about miracle. How on earth will you sow money and be expecting returns without doing nothing.?