Investing in a movie production company

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is the story of Ronnie who invited the public school teachers in their town to invest in his project of making movies. The company is already registered and one movie was already in progress. That attracted the teachers to invest their retirement pay to Ronnie with the promise of getting dividends when the movie is shown.

The movie was a success in the box office and many movies followed. Many investors also came with their money. But after some time the projects stopped and Ronnie was tagged as a scammer. That was before the digital age so the details were not complete in the news. Anyway, I am sharing this story to serve as lesson for those who want to invest their savings or their retirement pay.

This is part of the hardest thing that one can ever do because it comes with a lot of demand. One have to pay all the actors of the movie , pay for the customs used in the movie and also pay for marketing the movie to the public. Whether it will be profitable in the movie market or not is not guaranteed.
This is business suitable for millionaires and not someone trying to build his wealth. I don't think I can out money in such business

Investing in movie production to me is a lucrative one but you need to be in contact with those that knows the way around to aid in distribution to be able to recoup your money. But I have read from a lot of people that have made it through film investment

I have a friend who invested in a movie. the movie became an instant hit. He then invested in the second move, the movie flopped. he not only lost what he earned from the previous movie investment but also his seed money. INvesting in movie is something like gambling, you never know which movie will succeed and which will flop.

If I am going to make a movie production studio around here it is actually going to be very profitable because there are very few ones here and even at that they are not of top quality. The problem is that it is actually going to cost a lot of money in order to produce a quality studio because the equipments are very expensive.

It is the same here. Some of my friends have a studio to rent out to the makers of movies. Most of the studios they have are for the sound because the audio of the movie is very important. That sound studio is also used for the music of the movie and also for the sound effects. The rental now of studios is cheap because of the pandemic.