Instagram Reels Vs. YouTube Shorts

Mika

VIP Contributor
Instagram and Youtube Shorts are better platforms for publishing short videos and making money from short videos. But if you compare all short video publishing platforms, youtube is definitely the best platform. That’s why most video content creators end up using Youtube.

It is easier to build an audience on youtube because youtube has better discoverability. Discoverability on social media is mainly based on search and recommendation. You are found through search when you have done SEO, your content is recommended based on the users’ interest. Instagram does not have a lot of discoverability. Content can be discovered only through followers or tags. Instagram is of course making changes to discoverability by introducing recommendation features.

Instagram is not yet a search platform. People don’t go to Instagram to search for ideas. However, youtube is a very popular platform for searching for information. Google is the biggest search engine and youtube has that quality when it comes to finding information and ideas.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Meta has allotted more money in the creator funds for Reels compared to Yutube for Shorts. When you are publishing short videos on youtube, you will earn percentage of $100 million funds, however, when you are publishing Reels, you will earn from $1 billion funds. You see the difference on the earning potential, right. When it comes to visibility, you can get better visibility on Reels compared to Shorts because Reels is a new platform, its algorithm is trying to gain exposure, therefore, it is trying to push up every videos on its platform so that the videos get a lot of views. However, youtube shorts being comparatively older format, there is a huge competition and getting views can be really difficult. If you are concerned only with short videos, you might find reels better, but if you ultimately want to become a video content creator and publish long length videos, youtube is better.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have come to understand recently that people can actually make money by posting of videos on Instagram , I was just thinking that it is only affiliate marketer that have opportunity to make money on Instagram but little did I know that other people that are posting videos that attract higher traffic can also earn from it.

Since I am not ready to engage in any of them and anyone that may be interested need to choose the most profitable and the most easiest one to establish . From there you won't have any problem or stress of succeeding .