Indian bug hunter won Microsoft Azure bug bounty.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
A 20-year-old cybersecurity analyst girl named Aditi Singh has won the Microsoft Azure bug bounty.

Microsoft had placed a $30,000 prize for finding a bug in the Azure cloud system, Aditi discovered it two months ago, then Microsoft started fixing it and checking if anyone had downloaded it? Now Microsoft has rewarded Aditi after fixing the bug.

Aditi is self made analyst, she got her first job without a degree by finding a bug in MapMyIndia, Aditi used to use the internet by hacking the neighbors's wifi.

Intelligent Aditi is a bug hunter and has received reward by finding bugs in the websites/ applications of companies like Facebook, Tiktok, Mozilla, HP, Paytm etc Aditi also got and honour by Google and by universities of Hayward, California and Stanford.​

Mika

VIP Contributor
Generally speaking, the word hacking triggers an alarm. However, when you do hacking for good work it is called ethical hacking. Ethical hacking is used for finding bugs in software or web tools. Ethical hacking is a well-paid job. These days a lot of youngsters are learning ethical hacking and they are making a career out of it.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Generally speaking, the word hacking triggers an alarm. However, when you do hacking for good work it is called ethical hacking. Ethical hacking is used for finding bugs in software or web tools. Ethical hacking is a well-paid job. These days a lot of youngsters are learning ethical hacking and they are making a career out of it.
I used the word cybersecurity analyst, not hacker or doing the hacking; however she used to misuse her skill when she hacked her neighbor's Wi-Fi.
There are many youngsters who are turned bounty hunter in this field, this is good that they are using their skills to help to prevent hacking.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This reminds me of my younger days as a computer programmer for mainframes. Our language is COBOL and IBM Assembler. My moniker in the office is debugger because when a programmer couldn't solve the bug of the program then they come to me. Pardon me for bragging. With the topic it would be interesting to be a bug hunter although that is a tedious job to do continuous testing of websites and applications.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
it would be interesting to be a bug hunter although that is a tedious job to do continuous testing of websites and applications.​
Everything depends on people's choice, they do what they like and this is good to, this give them money and satisfaction both. There are hundreds of young Bug hunters, as I mentioned it the topic, Aditi was rewarded for same problem by other companies like Facebook, TicToc etc, but this is not a fixed job.​

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When I heard about a 16 years old local kid who earned $2000 through bug bounty hunting, I became fascinated with this career option. However, I had to control my emotion because I was required to learn programming and have expert ethical level hacking skills. I am doing well in my profession, so I gave up on this idea.