In Your Opinion; Difference Between Passion And Career.

Haypril

To start with, I will like to briefly define both term, passion and career.

Passion; According to top Google Search, Passion was define as strong and barely controllable emotion. It is also said to be a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something. : a strong feeling (such as anger) that causes you to act in a dangerous way. : a strong sexual or romantic feeling for someone.

Career; From the same source, it defines career as an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress. Example of a career can be education and training, art, agriculture and construction. And many more.

Now that we know what both term stand for, is it right to make comparison of both words?
Have you ever been passionate about something?
What extent can you go to get yourself a good career?

Share your thoughts and opinions, thanks.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Passion and career are definitely two different things. Passion can simply be defined as something you have strong zeal and the willingness to do any day any time. when you have passion for something he will definitely do anything to make that thing succeed. Career on the other hand is something you have lunch for you and of course make a living out of it.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
See.... Passion is a drive force... When you have passion for a profession then all you see about such is the goodness of it. A captain will never leave his sinking ship and that is because his whole life is emblemed into that ship... That is passion but career on the other hand is just a profession taken to be able to let your needs and make your normal ends.... You do it not for the love of it but for the money and the tendency of hating the work is always high.

Hena101

Looking at the two things you will see that are different even though seems to be the same when talking about them because of how similar they look and sound.
But in my opinion they are different but at them same time related. Passion is what you love doing, you enjoy doing not because you are been paid but because you love doing while on the other hand career is what you pursue even though you love doing it but you always do it because you know you will be paid at the end of the day.

marcusfe

Passion is different from career sometimes. Most are already following a career that they don't really have passion for. For instance, some people initially do not have passion for music but once they see that music is trending and making money they quickly switch to it because they already have talent in it before. Passion is something you love to do without anybody forcing or remembering you to do, it may sometimes turn to your career if you follow it up.

IamDozzy

Passion is what makes one happy and fulfilled. The person derives joy in doing what he/she is doing that is what passion is. While career is the profession or occupation one is into. A lot of people take their passion as their career while some other people are in their career just because of the money in it. But it is always advisable that your career should be what you are passionate about.

Syldan

Passion is the path or skill that supports you to attain your calling. Career is practical approach where you are compensated in terms of respect, recognition and money eventually leading to make a mark because of what you do.

Lyrrex

Passion is what makes one happy and fulfilled. The person derives joy in doing what he/she is doing that is what passion is. While career is the profession or occupation one is into. A lot of people take their passion as their career while some other people are in their career just because of the money in it. But it is always advisable that your career should be what you are passionate about.
True! But we all need money to chase our passion.

springtech

To start with, I will like to briefly define both term, passion and career.

Passion; According to top Google Search, Passion was define as strong and barely controllable emotion. It is also said to be a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something. : a strong feeling (such as anger) that causes you to act in a dangerous way. : a strong sexual or romantic feeling for someone.

Career; From the same source, it defines career as an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress. Example of a career can be education and training, art, agriculture and construction. And many more.

Now that we know what both term stand for, is it right to make comparison of both words?
Have you ever been passionate about something?
What extent can you go to get yourself a good career?

Share your thoughts and opinions, thanks.
I believe they are both different in all respect even though they can help each other. This is what i mean, my choose field of work or profession is referred to as my career. This most times is linked to what one studied in school.
Your course of study most times creates a career path for you, it opens up opportunities for where you can work but this does not have anything to so with your passion. Passion is what drives you to do what you do, it is an inner force that drives and pushes you to do something. I might have a choosen career in Law but my passion is music. If music is where my passion is, i will never feel fulfilled being a lawyer. In fact even if i am not paid or i have not blown in an arrear of my passion, i wont give up, i will keep pushing till things get better and i wont ever get tired, reason being that passion fuels my thrive. But if i am not successful in doing Law which i do not have passion for, i can easily quit.

Adetayo100

Passion and career are two different things entirely, passion is what you have a strong zeal for it doesn't necessarily mean what you studied in school while a career is your professional line of work. Passion is what drives you to do what you do it is something you enjoy and dedicate your time to do while career is a practical approach where you are compesated for your efforts.