In what ways is management and leadership connected.

Axis

Valued Contributor
In my own view and perspective being a leader is same thing as being a business manager and the reason is because being a business manager who directs and administrate business activities and practices in the business organisation basically carry out leadership activities which involves instructing employees and workers on what they should basically do in order to achieve business goals and objectives and also make the business to amass in income and profits. Just as a political leader would put the interest of his or her subjects before his or her own interest, same also applies to a business manager or to any other managerial individual of any kind of business organisation. A business manager must put the interest of his or her employees as well as the third party which are the customers and clients before his or her own interest.

A leader is a risk taker and he or she must take the risk and make sure that his followers can also take the risk in which he or she have taken and I definitely have show result which are positive. On the other hand we can define a business manager as a risk taker who is creative in calculating risk and making sure that his followers employees do not be a losses but rather bear a positive results. Finally management in a business organisation is absolutely necessary, and an individual who is a manager definitely need to act as a leader.

Management and leadership are definitely most alike and the reason why I say so is because when an individual is a manager he or she administrates and also perform the duties of a leader for example being able to find out and also direct the employees what basically their roles and duties are is basically the job description of a business manager however it is also part of leadership. A leader as you have already mentioned put the interest of his or her subject first before his or her own and seems also applied to that of a business manager or to any other management responsibility and individual may possibly have in a particular business organisation.

Just like a leader a manager is also a risk taker and a leader is basically a risk taker because he or she is the first to put into a particular action into play and see the result so that his or her followers can definitely learn something from it.

Management in all ramification is all I like to leadership. The reason I say this is because a leader does not necessarily need to be a manager but a manager is definitely a leader. Apart from carrying out managerial responsibilities and carrying out administrative responsibilities in the business organisation, the business manager is definitely imposed with the authority and responsibility in giving employees and workers direction to follow especially when trying to perform their roles and responsibilities as well as their duties pertaining to business growth and development and to the achievement of business goals and objectives as expected and as planned. Business managers definitely achieve this by providing the business with a good and efficient business plan to abide and to follow.

Another possible way a business manager acts as a leader. Is by formulating rules and regulation in which all personnel in the business organisation or company must definitely abide to. However this is only applicable in business organisations where ownership of the business or company is not far from managerial activities.