Business Ideas Importation of second-hand clothes

Jamoflondon

Verified member
selling of used clothes is a very common business in Nigeria and that is because the clothes are usually cheaper compared to the new ones. If you import used clothes, trust me, a lot of buyers will patronize you because it is a very lucrative job in my country. Fashion is something people cannot do without. It’s not possible to go a day without wearing clothes and since the new ones have become so expensive, then people switch to the used clothes to avoid spending so much money on a cloth. You can start this business with as little as 100,000 naira if you don’t have enough capital. You can make up to or more than 10,000 naira on a “bag” a.k.a Bail.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Some people are making a lot of money selling imported clothes. Most of the city is over here have dedicated market for selling of second-hand clothes from the foreign countries. This business receives lots of patronage because most people believe that second-hand clothes from foreign countries are long lasting and cheaper.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This business fetches more money more than what one can even imagine. There are some people that know where they sell second grade clothes, for instance, Benin Republic is known for this. Then they will bring these clothes to Nigeria where they will be sold at high prices for those that cannot afford first grade clothes.

Good luck

Verified member
Irrelevant words repetition
A lot of people patronize second hand clothes and because buying the new one may be very expensive though new cloths look more attractive in the body and people appreciate fine and new cloth but the cost is what I am looking at here.people really buy second hand grade cloth or use cloth from foreign countries.It is a lucrative business and also profitable.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Selling of imported clothes is a very lucrative business but it has its disadvantages too, if you don’t have the required capital to start this business, it might eventually look like you are doing it wrongly. It’s a business my mother once did so I am speaking from experience. Be careful to venture it if you haven’t had any idea about it before

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The selling of used clothes in our country started in Baguio City. That is a cool place atop the mountain which is a tourist haven. The local name of selling used clothes is "Ukay-ukay." Now they are all over the country that somehow ruined the garments industry because the lower class are patronizing the Ukay-ukay instead of buying brand new clothes. Now there is a proposed law to ban the importation of used clothing to stop the Ukay-ukay business.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Dealing on second-hand clothes is definitely a very good business because you will buy at a much cheaper price and also sell at a cheap price but you will still make a whole lot of profit. it is usually called okrika business in this part of the world and a lot of people are making money from it.

Jonaville

Definitely second hand clothes business is a good one especially in Nigeria. Most people cannot afford to buy new ones that they usually showcase in boutiques and stores, so they just opt for the second hand ones. Plus the low capital required, it is relatively easy to start. Just find a place with high population of people.