Importance of Internal Linking in Building Traffic and Improving SEO

Mika

VIP Contributor
Internal linking can help you build traffic as well as improve search engine ranking.

Internal linking means you link two or more posts/pages on your website by sharing links through anchor text or through the read more option. Let say you write an article about Dogecoin and share link to the posts about Shiba Inu coin or baby Doge Coin. Those who came to read your article on doge might be interested in reading in shiba inu or baby doge coin, so they will click links and visit posts.

When your visitors click on your internal links, two things happen.

One, you gained extra traffic. A visitor came to read on dogecoin but also checked a post on shiba inu.

Two, you gain engagements. The visitor clicked another post means he engaged on your website content and stayed longer, which will reduce the bounce rate. A low bounce rate means, your rank will improve.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I've come across that often times around websites i visit to read about information that caught my mind. And i saw lots of tags, and most of them caught my attention too, cos they where saying actually what I wanted. I believed the site owner got revenue and improve traffic from it too??
.its very important we link up different post together and elaborate more vividly to improve traffic more when visits reads through them.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I do this, I usually link other threads when I comment or create threads. But I link inside threads only and not outside threads or articles.
In our own blogs and article writing sites (wherever that is allowed) we can post such Internal linking articles, I used to do that too years ago.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I that is a good trick which is currently being used by news websites. The article about Manny Pacquiao's boxing has a link to a news article on Pacquiao's political career. That means the website had earned twice of my view because I also clicked on the link. Maybe bloggers should be aware of this trick.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Internal link is very important when it comes to optimising a content on your blog for the targeted keyword. Internal link gives a quick reference to the new page on your blog so that Google search engine will be able to crawl it on time I'll get it indexed. There are some premium plugins which makes internal linking job pretty much easier.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Links are two types one in bound another outbound. In bound links are the links that points to another page on the website and outbound links are the links that point to another website. Internal linking means creating in bound links that will improve visitor retention among many other things.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Linking related content inside your website helps in two ways, one reduce the bounce rate on your site (which is beneficial for SEO), two, increases your traffic (which is beneficial for earning revenue on your site). I always interlink my related content and this has helped me a lot to increase user engagement on the site.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Internal link building comes with a lot of benefits. It helps to pass link juice from the domain authority to all pages on the website. Internal link building helps to index a new post faster on Google search engine. Internal link building reduces the effort of building backlinks to all pages on your website.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Internal linking has nothing to do with passing link juice of building domain authority, Internal linking means you link between posts and pages inside your website, you link article a with article b, you link page 1 with page 2. The purpose of internal linking is to improve SEO on your website by retaining visitors.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Interlinking helps in building traffic and retaining traffic. If you interlink your posts, your visitors might be checking your linked posts as well. If that happens, your visitors will be staying on your site a little longer and also interact with your post, which will ultimately reduce your bounce rate.

D

Deleted member 28127

Internal linking must be not monetized by shortenlink because what is expected from visitor is direct redirection but most of bloggers fault is use exe or adfly or any of these services to do the internal linking, I know that some shortenlink works as anonymous redirection means they display ad page and then you are redirected and this script is especially for bloggers with little monetization and bypass of captcha after approval of the blog or website installing their scripts for monetization by internal linking, but most of shortenlink doesn't have these feature or website owner manually create links for more monetization but he loses visitors.