Crypto If crypto is taxed, will it make the value rise?

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
We all know that some government may not run a dialogue with the citizen concerning crypto tax , because of the hatred they have for crypto currency , they don't just want to see crypto currency reach it's full potential but want a situation where their own flat currency is ahead ,so they would increase tax to make sure it's less used by people
I see your point.....just want you to know that governments are very corrupt, you see anything that has to do with money especially easy money as tax money or levy and the likes government don't joke with stuffs like that. Governments are not just angry with cryptocurrencies, they are angry because regular people are making lots of cash from it and yet they are not making any. I don't think they will want to forfeit taxation.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
First off, what kind of tax will be levied on the crypto coin. If the tax is on the transaction then the small players will lump their trading to save on tax. Just like any commodity, the crypto coin can also increase not in its market price but in the transactions. Crypto wallets may be taxed so it will affect the gas fees for the users of the wallet.
Yes I believe the taxation will be burdened more on the cryptocurrencies exchange sites as they might be taxed incessantly without fairness. Though, I don't actually know if that will make the price of cryptocurrencies rise a little bit but it will eventually bounce back on the traders as they might charged high for transactions by the exchangers.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
First off, what kind of tax will be levied on the crypto coin. If the tax is on the transaction then the small players will lump their trading to save on tax. Just like any commodity, the crypto coin can also increase not in its market price but in the transactions. Crypto wallets may be taxed so it will affect the gas fees for the users of the wallet.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think transactions fees of wallet are taxed so any crypto earner is paying indirectly taxes because each wallet provider takes tax even to transfer by any asset or by email (like coinbase or coinpayments) taxation number is not appliable to most of countries some countries imposes to crypto earner to have taxation number to pay fees of earned money online while some others not.
I don't think so....not all exchanges are paying taxes. Some countries are firm when it comes to the collection of taxes, where by we have some countries who are lax and not as firm as that. We have a lot of exchanges in Africa that are not paying any tax at all and yet they are still in operations.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I belive is the crytocurrency is tax the value will definitely change. Either it change negatively or positively .At the same time if there will be any tax charges it should be on the exchanger not the investors because they are the one who do benefit most .If they also start this tax of a thing it will discourage people to invest on cryto.
Apparently I share this view too because if the government wants to start collecting taxes it should be on those exchanges cos they are truly making money but I fear if taxes are being collected from the exchanges, they will now focus their attention on the users of their trading platforms and start taxing them too.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Well said, I think that's the major aim of most corrupt countries, they want their citizens to be pauper so they can puppeteer them around to do their biddings. This is the power of the government, I think cryptocurrencies wants to take power from the government and that's exactly how the government sees it. If people can make money without having to rely on the government, it pisses them off. And when want to rely on them to earn, they won't still provide. Confused set of people!
Yeah even in some countries there is a limit to the amount of wealth the citizen in the country can own ,so the government knows that money is the tools and they are making it very obvious for people to know by banning crypto currency ,I wish there was a way crypto existence could be spread to a very wide range of audience , am sure that it's definitely going to be another advantage for the monetary control to reduce

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Although different government with different perspective, I think some are not happy coupled with the fact that they are not making gains and the citizen they are controlling are making gains , because they have seen that inorder for them to keep winning campaign's and others , they need the citizens to be poor and money is what they would use to control them
Well said, I think that's the major aim of most corrupt countries, they want their citizens to be pauper so they can puppeteer them around to do their biddings. This is the power of the government, I think cryptocurrencies wants to take power from the government and that's exactly how the government sees it. If people can make money without having to rely on the government, it pisses them off. And when want to rely on them to earn, they won't still provide. Confused set of people!

D

Deleted member 28127

I think transactions fees of wallet are taxed so any crypto earner is paying indirectly taxes because each wallet provider takes tax even to transfer by any asset or by email (like coinbase or coinpayments) taxation number is not appliable to most of countries some countries imposes to crypto earner to have taxation number to pay fees of earned money online while some others not.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive is the crytocurrency is tax the value will definitely change. Either it change negatively or positively .At the same time if there will be any tax charges it should be on the exchanger not the investors because they are the one who do benefit most .If they also start this tax of a thing it will discourage people to invest on cryto.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I see your point.....just want you to know that governments are very corrupt, you see anything that has to do with money especially easy money as tax money or levy and the likes government don't joke with stuffs like that. Governments are not just angry with cryptocurrencies, they are angry because regular people are making lots of cash from it and yet they are not making any. I don't think they will want to forfeit taxation.
Although different government with different perspective, I think some are not happy coupled with the fact that they are not making gains and the citizen they are controlling are making gains , because they have seen that inorder for them to keep winning campaign's and others , they need the citizens to be poor and money is what they would use to control them

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
So many issues have wrapped around Bitcoin lately which makes it on a bear hunt. The central institutions in most countries are clamouring and yearning for it's ban. We may have seen that Bitcoin causes panic and fear for some countries government, as they believe that Bitcoin may overhaul their country's currency's value, which will inturn divert the citizens attention to it. And they know when this happens, their currency may have already being crippled or being handicapped lol...

However, it may seems to most people that the government are just trying to tax Bitcoin, but when they couldn't, they have to become it's enemy. The government always want everything to come from them or have control over all things, but Bitcoin remains uncontrollable.

Your opinion, do think if Bitcoin is taxed, it may raise it's value?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Well I think that's possible though, but I don't think they would want to run out business because of those taxes......If they are being taxed so high, I definitely know that there would be an amendment to that, by raising a dialogue with the government or if they are being taxed too much they may also start to charge higher fees on any transaction conducted on their exchange site.
We all know that some government may not run a dialogue with the citizen concerning crypto tax , because of the hatred they have for crypto currency , they don't just want to see crypto currency reach it's full potential but want a situation where their own flat currency is ahead ,so they would increase tax to make sure it's less used by people

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Asset are always taxed, but in itself asset cannot be taxed. Tax is levied only on its business value. Such taxes always have effects on the price of asset because traders charge it from buyers. However, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are hard to be taxed same way because of no actual existence and velocity. So tax and price increase isn't easy to determine.
I know that it's impossible to tax Bitcoin or any other Alt coins because they are Virtual assets, they can't be seen, not just as the reality assets. But I think if government wants to do the taxation it will be on the cryptocurrencies exchange sites. It's them that government would tax then they can inturn charge their users.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It might not rise but fall , because many crypto lovers would want to take out their investment from cryptocurrency most especially if the tax the government is charging them is high , and they don't have the capability to Meet up to the criteria , this would discourage them into investing and others who are willing to also invest
Well I think that's possible though, but I don't think they would want to run out business because of those taxes......If they are being taxed so high, I definitely know that there would be an amendment to that, by raising a dialogue with the government or if they are being taxed too much they may also start to charge higher fees on any transaction conducted on their exchange site.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Asset are always taxed, but in itself asset cannot be taxed. Tax is levied only on its business value. Such taxes always have effects on the price of asset because traders charge it from buyers. However, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are hard to be taxed same way because of no actual existence and velocity. So tax and price increase isn't easy to determine.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It might not rise but fall , because many crypto lovers would want to take out their investment from cryptocurrency most especially if the tax the government is charging them is high , and they don't have the capability to Meet up to the criteria , this would discourage them into investing and others who are willing to also invest

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The issue of taxation in crypto currency is a highly debatable topic. However, in my opinion, the government should not task individual crypto investors and traders, instead, it should task crypto currency exchanges. Because most of the money from crypto investment and crypto trading is made by the crypto exchanges.
Yeah but whichever way, the tax fees would still be deducted from the users of these exchanges, through the exchange owners themselves. If the government tax them excessively but you are trading there, there's a way they will deduct every transactions fee from your trading account that it's going to serve as taxes.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I am not sure if the value will rise or decline but I feel that taxing crypto will affect the crypto value. A few months ago, Biden's tax policy did affect crypto price and the price declined at that time. I think if the crypto holders are taxed, then it will probably have a bad effect on crypto price. Having said that, crypto prices are affected by many things, not just taxes.
Well you are entitled to your opinion..... However, I think if crypto is taxed, it means the government is supporting it which means we may have larger amount of the world population investing in it and also using it. Don't you imagine what would be the value of Bitcoin or any other major crypto at this time. I think the value will be so huge, that people who are holding few amount of Satoshi now would be rich.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The issue of taxation in crypto currency is a highly debatable topic. However, in my opinion, the government should not task individual crypto investors and traders, instead, it should task crypto currency exchanges. Because most of the money from crypto investment and crypto trading is made by the crypto exchanges.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am not sure if the value will rise or decline but I feel that taxing crypto will affect the crypto value. A few months ago, Biden's tax policy did affect crypto price and the price declined at that time. I think if the crypto holders are taxed, then it will probably have a bad effect on crypto price. Having said that, crypto prices are affected by many things, not just taxes.