I want to run a Chicken Poultry Farm

Tariq Shehzad

Hi every one here all the dear and expert members of trendri.com.
I hope you are fine and healthy and enjoying such a wonderful forum, with that making some learning and earning.

Actually, I am belonging to a village and I want to start a small scale business on chicken poultry form in my village. I have some spare land in my grand father's fields and that land is not suitable for crops because it is barren.

Now, I have asked my father to start my business on chicken poultry form that looks me very valuable and profitable regarding eggs and chicken meat. There are almost all the basic facilities for the chicken.
water is available for the 24 hours. water is neat and clean.
Shelter is not available jet now, but It can be managed easily. Building will be made according to the needs and requirements as light and fresh air properly can come into the building.
Surrounding and environment of the poultry form will be calmed and peaceful.

Now, I need some suggestions, instructions and ideas form the think thank in business on the forum of trendri.com about my staring this small scale business in chicken poultry form.
How much, I have to use capital and how to use the capital for this business.

Please give me your instructions, ideas and suggestions by your feed back and share with me also your best experience about the chicken poultry form.

Thanks for reading and giving me your time.
Thanks!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, I have a garden and a little poultry farm that I rear chickens because I like to consume chicken than other meat. So I sell and also consume them. So if you want to rear chicken them you need to first have passion for it. You need to be committed to it too. Then you need capital to buy their feeds maybe in large quantity to cut cost. Let the environment be always clean to prevent infection. Always isolate infected ones to avoid all being infected. You should also disinfect their surroundings too. All of these is to keep the chicken safe and prevent them from premature dying. In all invest wisely in your poultry farm

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A poultry farm can be of several types. You can grow broilers (young chickens) or you can have layers for the eggs. There's also the selling of chicks if you have a hatchery. Whatever you choose for the type of poultry the first thing is the design of the farm. It should have a good fence for security. The coops or cages should be using the modern design with no crowding to lessen the mortality rate of the chicks and chickens. Research on the costs of implements and equipment like the feeding and water dish plus the lighting and as you said there is water so maybe you need a water purifier. Based on the design of the farm you can come up with the number of chickens that you can raise so that would equate to how many workers you will need. Good luck.

Josemendez

Verified member
poultry business is quite very lucrative because you stand a chance to sell the egg for profit and the chicken for meat .

Thus you will always have demand from people.

coming to your question , you need to know whether you will rear those that rear egg or those that are grown for meat .

I will advice that you rear those that rear egg as there are demands for egg worldwide ,and when the chicken gets old , you can sell them for meat purpose .

Secondly , rearing those chicken that do not lay egg is something that is quite difficult , especially when train them from infant .