Cold wallet I lost my Trust wallet recovery phrase

Victorial

Trust wallet is one of the best eve known wallets in the world. While this app is a decentralized wallet, users have enjoyed it storing their crypto coins and sending coins to centralized apps like Binance for exchange. Upon registration, each user is given or provided with 12 phrases that are not related. They can not be crammed by the user unless it is saved on the phone or elsewhere. The 12 phrases are needed in case the user loses his phone or changes phone. Since the password is not required, the Trust wallet asks the user to provide the 12 phrases to recover the account with the coins intact.

Sadly, this happened to my friend who got his phone damaged and he could not access his recovery phrases on his phone. He did all possible best to repair the phone but it failed.

According to his friend, he has about 5 million worth of crypto investment in his trust wallet, and now all has gone down the drain. He almost lost his life.

How do you keep your recovery phrase safe? Did you save them on the phone, email, or write them completely??

Kingstone

My goodness! That is so terrible. Sometimes I wish all wallets are like Binance as it only requires your email and password. You just need to use the Google authentication factor to make it more secure. For me, I chose three security patterns to unlock my transactions on Binance.

Still, the use of trust wallets or any other decentralized app is endless. They use recovery phrases to keep the account secured. But you must not lose the phrases. If you do, it's a game over. I have min saved on an app. Even if I lose my phone, I can recover it by signing in with the registered mail.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Gosh! He lost millions? I do not even believe that how could your friend save millions of worth of cryptocurrency in a wallet and forgets the keys of the wallet? Are you sure that he actually lost it? This is why it is always important to write down your keys on a paper and save the paper carefully somewhere. Now there is nothing he could do. As they say that if the keys do not belong to you, then the coins do not belong to you either.

Buzemak

It's quite unfortunately, it's happened, it's now a lesson for us to learn from. Recovery phrases just be store in different places

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
It's quite unfortunately, it's happened, it's now a lesson for us to learn from. Recovery phrases just be store in different places

It is a far much better idea to and write down and store your secret pass keys in various places so that you may decrease your chances of losing your cryptocurrencies. There are many people who lose access to their wallets and lose money as a result. Most of the wallets do not provide the option to get access to your funds through the KYC (Know Your Customer) process and this is understandable because the main purpose of using cryptocurrency wallet is to remain anonymous.