Auto Insurance I have a used car, can I still get insurance?

Setho

VIP Contributor
With the coming around of many insurance companies a lot of states and geographical locations have made it compulsory that people should have at least one form of automobile insurance. The problem is that the car that I currently drive right now was bought as a used car from Benin Republic about 3 years ago. Though the car is a very good working condition you cannot deny the fact that it is an old car. If I am going to register for an insurance am I going to be permitted, and even if I am going to am I going to get a very good deal?

Mika

VIP Contributor
As long as your car is in perfect working conditions, you can surely insure your car even if your car is a reconditioned car (used car). However, how much money you can insure for your car depends on how old is your car and in what conditions is the car. You may not get as much insurance coverage as you want with used cars

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
You will be allowed to insure a car even after you may have been using it for some years, provided the car is not very faulty. But the problem usually that arises is the fact that this insurance companies will make you to pay higher than other people with cars with good working conditions would meant to pay.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is nothing that cannot be insured. They don't want to know whether is old or new. Just like human, life insurance doesn't want to care whether the person to be insured is old or even young in as such the person is still living. So if the car is in good condition, it can be insured.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can insurance any kind of cars new cars, old cars, second hand/third hand cars as long as you car is in perfect condition. While you get better benefits for new cars, the coverage for used cars and old cars is comparatively low. You might also have to pay more premium for used cars.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Car is car, you'll get a premium for it, but you should be wary that insurance checkmates the car to know if it's a sound one or the one beating to total breakdown. If it's a sound one you'll get higher premium benefits and your premium charges wouldn't be high compared to a vehicle nearing total condemnation.

funmi

Verified member
Of course, you will definitely get an insurance deal. Since it has not been registered before, you may have to tender all your legal documents concerning the car and the name you used in registering it now is the same name the next owner will continue to use. So it very possible for you to register a fairly used car.
A friend of mine also bought a Nigerian used car and the previous owner do pay for insurance when ever he wants to renew his documents. So, my friend has also been been insuring the car since he bought it till date.