How to Use Skillshare to Develop Your Career?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to learn online to develop skills and build knowledge, you will find a lot of platforms, and you might be confused about which one to use. When you do a Google search, you will see Udemy topping the list? Does this mean Udemy is the best?

While Udemy has more courses than any learning platform, not all courses on Udemy are good because these courses are published by a random Ydemy user. If you want to try a trust worthy platform, try Skillshare.

Unlike Udemy where you will have to pay for each course you want to attend, Skillshare is subscription based, which means by paying subscription, you can attend any number of courses.

Even though you have to pay to access premium courses, there are a lot of valuable free courses. You get 7 days free trial and after than you will have to pay $19 per month, or $99 on yearly subscription plan.

If you want accrediated courses, Coursera might be better because Coursera courses are prepared by universities and professionals, however, Skillshare courses are also good, in fact better than many online learning platforms.

The courses are available through educational videos, and these courses focus on interaction. Skillshare was launched in 2010, so it is one of the oldest online learning platforms.

I have registered on Skillshare but I have not subscribed to Skillshare therefore, I have not attended any courses. There are of course few free courses, however, I am not interested in most of the free courses offered by Skillshare. That's because most of the free courses are either sample courses or useless courses. If you have time to learn, subscribing to Skillshare can be highly beneficial because instead of paying for each course, you will have access to all courses on the platform. For example, by paying $19 you can enroll in a lot of courses and build your knowledge and skills. However, on Udemy, you might have to pay $20 just for one course or the maximum number of courses you can buy for $20 is 2 (you can enroll in a course for $10 during the promotional events). If you subscribe to an annual plan, Skillshare will be a very cheap learning platform. However, if you subscribe to an annual plan and do not have time to attend your courses, it will be a waste of your money. However, on Udemy if you buy a course you can attend the course any time and you will have access to the course for life time.