How to succeed with airtime selling business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is one of the side hustle that helps pick up one bill or the another if well executed. I’m into this as well because I know people will always need airtime on their phones to make a call. You can use the below tips to run the business effectively.

• Get a busy location that you sell the card very fast. Recharge card selling is a business of number. The truth is that the profit per sale is small but more sales comes more profit
  • Have all the popular network recharge cards
  • Sell at a competitive price
  • Advertise the business both online and offline
  • Be very careful during sales to avoid losing your money to fraudulent buyers
  • Restock before any of the network get exhausted
What’s your thought?

Good luck

Verified member
Airtime business used to be very lucrative far back 5 to 6yrs ago when the telecommunications systems is in its peak.But things have changed now when banks hijacked the market by also selling airtime and also given 10% to buyers to encourage them. The market has really diminished it's value but people are still buying anyway.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This is one of most profitable businesses in my country few years ago but now everything has been digitalized, you can now buy airtime with ease on the internet. However, the business can still sell if you are in the right location of business, where there are many retail recharge card sellers, then you can start selling in bulks. If you are printing it yourself, it's still profitable.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Airtime business is very lucrative, although the amount gained and profit to be earned is really low , but it's quite manageable and when it is been sold in bulk the low profit could turn huge , it it's well structured

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Airtime business used to be very lucrative far back 5 to 6yrs ago when the telecommunications systems is in its peak.But things have changed now when banks hijacked the market by also selling airtime and also given 10% to buyers to encourage them. The market has really diminished it's value but people are still buying anyway.
Yeah you are right about the banks hijacking the business but the good thing a lot of people still doesn’t still patronize them. I know of this like in my locality a lot of people still buys from us the vendors. So it is still a brisk business to do with the right location

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Airtime business is very lucrative, although the amount gained and profit to be earned is really low , but it's quite manageable and when it is been sold in bulk the low profit could turn huge , it it's well structured
yeah, the business is a brisk one especially if you stay in an area that people really need to make calls. You would really make it. Sure the profit comes in bits but the quickly add up from the quick sales you would make. So it is good to locate your business in a busy area to make quick sales

Good luck

Verified member
Yeah you are right about the banks hijacking the business but the good thing a lot of people still doesn’t still patronize them. I know of this like in my locality a lot of people still buys from us the vendors. So it is still a brisk business to do with the right location
You are very right with the statement, the right location which is the Most paramount when it comes to doing any kind of business.You need a place that people will always recon with.A place that is marketable in every aspect.Such place will advertise and make the business grow with the right customer.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I really do not know how profitable selling airtime business he is even though I have known a lot of people who are into the business and they seem to be doing well but the kind of gain you get for every sale is something that surprises me because it is too low. The business is good if you have other businesses to incorporate it with then you will definitely be make it honestly.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I really do not know how profitable selling airtime business he is even though I have known a lot of people who are into the business and they seem to be doing well but the kind of gain you get for every sale is something that surprises me because it is too low. The business is good if you have other businesses to incorporate it with then you will definitely be make it honestly.
Yes.....The amount that retailer makes on airtime is not worth it because they are not selling in bulks. You see those that are selling in bulks are the ones making tons of cash from the business. Because most of them are printing their cards themselves, with this they make enough gains. I would not advice anybody to go with retail selling on the business.

AmaliaTG

This is one of the side hustle that helps pick up one bill or the another if well executed. I’m into this as well because I know people will always need airtime on their phones to make a call. You can use the below tips to run the business effectively.

• Get a busy location that you sell the card very fast. Recharge card selling is a business of number. The truth is that the profit per sale is small but more sales comes more profit
  • Have all the popular network recharge cards
  • Sell at a competitive price
  • Advertise the business both online and offline
  • Be very careful during sales to avoid losing your money to fraudulent buyers
  • Restock before any of the network get exhausted
What’s your thought?
I think someone can hardly make a living by selling scratch cards, because one only get very little profits per sale like you've said and it's always a struggle. So if you have connections like supermarket and any other shops who you know for a guarantee that they will buy it's the advice I can give. Selling to any normal is not benefitial as such but selling them to big shops it's always a guarantee that you will never lack sales.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
yeah, the business is a brisk one especially if you stay in an area that people really need to make calls. You would really make it. Sure the profit comes in bits but the quickly add up from the quick sales you would make. So it is good to locate your business in a busy area to make quick sales
I have always consider launching the business in a popular area because I no quite well ,that the demand is very much high in areas with more people living , you could even just establish a very small shop in the area since it requires less capitaland actually put more effort in getting more customers to increase the demand of your business in a large extent

Setho

VIP Contributor
Inasmuch as the sale of recharge card is not as popular as if it was before it is still a very good way of making money. One of the things that customers hate used to come and hear complaints that a particular network is not available so you should always make sure you have all the network cards. One very good advantage is that we should also sell mobile data together with the airtime.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Inasmuch as the sale of recharge card is not as popular as if it was before it is still a very good way of making money. One of the things that customers hate used to come and hear complaints that a particular network is not available so you should always make sure you have all the network cards. One very good advantage is that we should also sell mobile data together with the airtime.
Though, it depends....but there was a time when airtime business was a hit but now it's not really moving for retailers any more. However, I realized that people that are selling the recharge cards in bulks are the ones making real money now in my country. They have the printer and they print the card themselves.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The truth is that this business is not as lucrative as before. There are many ways airtime is gotten these days without even purchasing the paper ones. Gone are the days when people will que to purchase this type of airtime. But nowadays, people use banks and even some online retailers to buy airtime. Personally, I use crypto most time to recharge.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, banks provide mobile top up option. If you want mobile top up, all you need to do is log into your bank app and then top up. There are also many mobile wallets that you can use to top up your mobile phones. In my home country, there is no way you can ern from this business.