How to Start Your Career in Graphic Designing

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Graphic Designing is one of the most lucrative careers, if you are a graphic designer, you can easily find jobs online or offline, you can even sell your services and establish yourself as self employed individual.

If you want to establish yourself as a graphic designer, you need to have skills in graphic designing software like photoshop, corel draw, etc. If you think these are expensive programs and tale a lot of time to master skills, you can start using online tool like Canva.

Photoshop is one of the best graphic designing software. If you have never used photoshop, you can join a course or watch youtube video and follow the guide to Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop has many versions, you can use any versions you want. Whether you are using CS2 or CS5, it is the same Photoshop. All versions of Photoshop have the features you need. Photoshop is expensive software, if you do not have money to buy photoshop, you can start using GIMP. GIMP is just like Photoshop but it is completely free.

Programs like Photoshop require a lot of practice. Canva is a good alternative to Photoshop. You can use Canva to create any kind of graphic. Canva is free but you need to pay to use premium template.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Graphic designing is really good and is high on the demand, that is what I am even trying to learn when my laptop arrive, but after learning it is still possible that we needs to engage in a lot of advertisement even as a freelancer to be able to attract a lot of people that might be interested in our service, it may not really be easy at the beginning but with proper marketing strategy I believe it is possible to for us to achieve success in whatever we are doing .we don't have to only learn the skill but we should also have a good idea of how to attract people to our services.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have no desire to become a graphic designer, but I did learn graphic designing because it was an essential skill required in web designing. I don't do graphic designing for clients, but I do graphic designing for my own work. Graphic design is a competitive niche. However, if you are the best in the job, you cna make money in many ways

Victorial

There was a to!w I wanted to learn the skill. Although I would not have earned so much money, there is no harm to be talented. Now my main focus is to develop my knowledge in forex and by reading more books about the crypto space.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Graphic designing could be a really great career if you are truly interested in pursuing such kind of career. The very first thing you must know is basic things about using power point and many other kinds of graphic designing software. if you do not know how to use them, then you must first learn how to use such kind of softwares. After that, you must take an admission in an institute where they teach graphic designing. The total time period of learning this course is around 4 or 5 months. You must also practice at home.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I would not even consider power point is a tool for make presentations. It is not connected with graphic designing. Graphic designing means you have the ability to use software like photoshop, corel draw, indesign, etc. Instead of trying to learn too many graphic designing software, you can also focus on just one software i.e. photoshop. If you know how to use photoshop, there is nothing that you cannot do on this software from image manipulation to airbrushing and creating logo and flyers

AuthorityGuide

There are many ways to start your career in Graphic Designing. I'll suggest these 7.
1. Create and Sell Templates
2. Sell Stickers (created with Canva)
3. Make Pre-Made Logo Packages
4. Sell Customized Branding Packages
5. Create and Sell Printables
6. Work With Clients As A Freelancer
7. Design Social Media Graphics and Highlight Covers

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you are interested in starting your career in graphic designing, then you have to understand that it is not a piece of cake. Before becoming a professional graphic designer, you have to go through a lot of hurdles. You will get to know about the tips and tricks that can help you start your career in graphic designing as soon as possible.

Learn the Basics

No matter how smart and talented you are, if you don't have enough knowledge about the fundamentals of graphic designing, then it will be impossible for you to become a professional graphic designer. So, before starting your career in this field, make sure that you learn all the basics of graphic designing. It would be better if you learn from someone who is already working as a professional graphic designer. In this way, you will be able to learn all the basics of graphic designing quickly and easily.

Create a Portfolio

After learning all the basics of graphic designing, it is time to create your portfolio. When creating a portfolio, make sure that it contains all of your best work so far because it will play an important role in your future career as a professional graphic designer.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Graphic designing is one of the most lucrative skills to make money online as well as offline. If you have graphic designing skills, you can work in a design company, media house, or advertising agency. In the virtual world, as a graphic designer, you will have to work on the freelancer marketplace like Fiverr and Upwork to make money. Graphic designing is also a must skill even when you are not a graphic designer. For instance, I don't work as a graphic designer, but my skills in graphic designing have helped me to create marketing materials, social media posts, social media templates, even ebook covers, video thumbnails, etc. In order to get started as a graphic designing, you are required to buy designing software like Photoshop, Corel draw, in design, etc. You need professional-level skills with these designing software. Interestingly, in recent times, in order to work and earn as a graphic designer, you don't even need skills with designing software because we have a lot of drag and drop design tools, like canva and adobe spark. With Canva, you can create an amazing design in lesser time compared to photoshop because canva offers a lot of premade templates and