How to Start eCommerce

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of ways to make money online, however, if you ask me what is my number one method, I would say ecommerce. Actually, ecommerce is also one of the best ways to make “a lot of money” online.

There are a numerous ways to do ecommerce; however, my preference is automated ecommerce businesses like dropshipping, print-on-demand, and selling digital products.

Dropshipping: Since you don’t have to buy or manufacture products in order to sell, you also do not have to spend money and time in product packaging and product shipping, thus, dropshipping is one of the easiest ecommerce businesses.

Print-On-Demand: Print-On-Demand means you design a product and put it on sale, when someone buys the product, the Print-On-Demand store will manufacture the product and ship to the customer. This ecommerce method is easier and cheaper than dropshipping.

Selling Digital Products: You manufacture a product once but you sell it again and again. You can sell digital product through third party stores s well as your own store.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I also believe that ecommerce is one of the best ways to make money online, you can see some o the world's biggest companies are actually eCommerce companies, for example, Amazon, eBay, etc. Ecommerce even helped Jeff Bezos to become riches man on earth. The scope of ecommerce is really big, however, this does not mean everyone can succeed. Just like a traditional business model, ecommerce is also very competitive. You need to develop or manufacture products, if you are not manufacturing your own product, you need to acquire products from third party manufacturers, you then have to develop your online store, and then market your store. The toughest competition you will be facing is will be from big ecommerce giants like Amazon. You will have to prove that it is safe to buy products from your store, and you are offering high-quality products, Instead of selling your own products, dropshipping, print on demand nd selling digital items might be better options because your investment will be relatively small, however, this also does not mean you can easily sell your products. The competition is tough, you will hve to spend a lot of money. If you want to succeed in ecommerce you need digital markting skills.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
The problem of the beginning of any e-commerce site is gaining of trust of people because most sellers are practically going to old e-commerce sites and neglecting the new ones means having sales in the first year is practically hard but you will recover what you invest the second year.