How To Start A Shoe Repair Shop?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Since the beginning of time, mankind has placed a lots of emphasis on footwear because no one would actually like to remain barefoot. We all wear some sort of footwear in order to make us look good and protect our feet and this is why we wear shoes, sandals, etc. However, by the passage of time, our footwear could deteriorate and our shoes might need maintenance and this is why there are many people who own shoe repair shops and they also hire expert cobblers. In my country, we can find cobblers in each and every market who sit on the side of the road to repair shoes, bags, belts, sandals, etc. It does not actually require you to have a lots of money to start a shoe repair shop. All you need to do is possess some superior skills and the ability to repair shoes. So, what do you believe? Do you think that this kind of business is a kind of business one should start? Why or why not should a person choose this business? Let's discuss it.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I find this topic very fascinating as I was once in that club back then in my secondary school. I was in the shoe making society where we make shows in the school every Wednesday and this really helped me a lot at the completion of my secondary school I was able to start off by making shoes on the community where I lived then. And even to this present day I still make shoes occasionally. Starting a shoe making business is less cost effective as the major ingredients needed is the skill itself and getting the required tools to start the job or business might not be so difficult as there might be people willing to help out. The business is indeed very lucrative but the major challenge one must face is the General economic challenge in the country as prices of goods are highly unstable, hence making it hard to have a stable price do your produce.

Icon

Shoe repair business is not bad at all because everyone wear shoe and shoes don't last forever at a point you will need to buy a new shoe or repair the old one, shoe repair business is good depending on how you present your business and how you and how good you are in the field

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well generally I won't even like to consider this type of business as a professional business to a point of depending on it is the only source of income because it's not going to be profitable in anyway as I understand.. it is a different thing for you to set up if shoe manufacturing company than to set up a shoe repairing shop.. a lot of people may consider to do this business as a side business then there is no problem with that ,but this business shouldn't be considered as a normal business because the income generated from this business is ridiculously low.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well generally I won't even like to consider this type of business as a professional business to a point of depending on it is the only source of income because it's not going to be profitable in anyway as I understand.. it is a different thing for you to set up if shoe manufacturing company than to set up a shoe repairing shop.. a lot of people may consider to do this business as a side business then there is no problem with that ,but this business shouldn't be considered as a normal business because the income generated from this business is ridiculously low.

The fact is that this kind of business is not that much profitable and as far as I can guess a cobbler hardly makes $100 per month repairing shoes or bags. Here we do not have proper cobbler shops and people usually sit on streets to repair shoes. There are no growth opportunities for the cobblers in my country, unfortunately.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That is what I am trying to say, that people should not just go into a business without doing the proper research on the type of business if it is the business that will flourish within our community or country.. people that are repairing show along the street over here will not have an opportunity to grow their business and such business are always stagnant. The first of all need to consider our location first then from there we can make a wise decision depending on the type of business we are going into... We have to know if the business favourable is the location first.

E

eldavis

Shoe making business is actually very profitable, how you package your goods and sservice would not only determine the number of traffic that comes your way, it would also determine the kind of persons that could visit your business. Most people today assume shoe making is ment for only does Hausa men but it is actually a very lucrative job.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Since the beginning of time, mankind has placed a lots of emphasis on footwear because no one would actually like to remain barefoot. We all wear some sort of footwear in order to make us look good and protect our feet and this is why we wear shoes, sandals, etc. However, by the passage of time, our footwear could deteriorate and our shoes might need maintenance and this is why there are many people who own shoe repair shops and they also hire expert cobblers. In my country, we can find cobblers in each and every market who sit on the side of the road to repair shoes, bags, belts, sandals, etc. It does not actually require you to have a lots of money to start a shoe repair shop. All you need to do is possess some superior skills and the ability to repair shoes. So, what do you believe? Do you think that this kind of business is a kind of business one should start? Why or why not should a person choose this business? Let's discuss it.
Hi Good-Guy. Your post is really very interesting and it is a great idea for someone who wants to start his own business. Everyone wears shoes and shoes do not last forever so when they will need maintenance, you will go to a shoe repair shop. Of course, it is important to have some skills so as to choose this kind of business. Thanks for sharing this helpful post.