How to start a sachet water business.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I don't know if this business would work in any other place in the world. But it is guaranteed to work in Africa. The sachet water business is common in Africa. It involves the production of packaged treated water in small sachets. Africa is a hot continent and this kind of business thrives because people drink water a lot and bottled water is cumbersome to carry and also not affordable.

So how can one start a sachet water business? First of all, you would need a source of water and for this, a borehole and overhead tanks are necessary. The next thing to do is to get approval from the regulatory agencies. This is categorized into food, so the approx requirements are stringent. The next thing to do is to get your water purification system and your sealing machine. With these things in place, you can set up and run your sachet water business.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I thought you will talk about selling sachet water but the context of your post is actually production of sachet water.

Actually it is something very credible and easy to start- sachet water production. There is a friend of mine that once worked in a place like that and told me that the benefit in terms of profit that owners of such kind of business make is very huge.

You have listed some of the basic knowledge that is needed for starting something of that nature.
You must have a brand. A sustainable source of water is as well necessary. Also there is a need of having a means of purifying your water because of course you won't be selling dirty water to the public.

Also, you must be registered with the regulatory body in your area and in Nigeria that body is the NAFDAC. Moreso, you need to partner with a leather producing company that will be making the leathers or sachet that will be used for packaging your water.