How To Save Money And Avoid Temptations

Trillionphil

Saving money and financial management is very crucial in one's life. Money is very important in order to survive in this world but only a few people know how to manage their household budget properly. Many people have a hard time saving money even if it is for their own good.

Most of the time, you may be motivated to save money but there are times when temptations come your way and before you know it, you have already spent the amount that was supposed to be added to your savings account. Here are some helpful tips on how you can avoid temptations and be able to save money:

1. Try hard to avoid those things that keep you from saving. If you are fond of buying shoes even if you don't really need them, try very hard to stay away from them. Keep yourself away from shoe stores so that you will not be tempted to buy one.

2. When going to grocery stores. Always bring the exact amount and bring with you a grocery list. If you have limited money in your pocket when in grocery stores, you will be forced to buy only those important things that you need. Preparing a grocery list will also help you get organized and will help you in deciding the things that need to be prioritized.

3. Go to the malls only when needed. Do not go shopping if you do not need anything important to buy. Window-shopping will only tempt you to buy the dress you saw in the boutique even if you don't really need it.

4. Do not bring with you your credit cards all the time. Having a credit card in your pocket will only tempt you to buy things that are not necessary. This will also help you lower your balances and have a good credit score.

5. You may want to save money in the bank or invest in time deposits. You will not be tempted to get money from the bank every time you need cash, if they are placed in a time deposit account.

6. You may also want to consider consulting a financial advisor. There are a lot of programs that offer these services for free. They may be able to help you and give you advice on how you can avoid temptations and save more money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I was a spendthrift before now until I had to give myself brain because I was always broke. The first thing I did that helped me to stop spending and time saving is going out with only the money I needed to buy one or two things I really wanted. This way I wouldn't have extra money with me to buy what I never budgeted to buy. So not going out either with a debit or credit card is a very wise decision. Another one is being contented with what you have, trying to keep up with the Joneses will drain one financially and leave one empty

Chirunim

Hello I find your article really helpful and it I took notes and screenshots which I'll be going over during my free time.

I find myself spending a lot of money on irrelevant stuff especially data for YouTube, sometimes I take a tour around my city and just view around and while this is also helpful, it takes money from my pocket and doesn't relate to my field...

Your article is great and I'm sure many people will find it helpful too!
Bravo!

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is another self-control topic which is really helpful when you think about being tempted to spend. In the last Christmas season it is not really spending that tempted me but the giving of gifts to some people. It was good that I intended to give money and not in kind like clothes. I computed the total amount that I need so I was ready with the money. But fortunately 3 of those people were not around, they are in the distant province so that saved me the gift money. But with the real temptation of buying something or spending like going to the movie or a vacation trip, yes, we are getting frugal now especially with the lesson of the pandemic era.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
While in Campus, I used to spend money so carelessly. I would go for impulse shopping everytime and I could buy many things that I really did not need. I would later regret buying them and could throw away some of them, such a waste of money. Then I could even take loans to buy things that I needed but not basic things. It would take me so much time to pay those loans hence my financial life became so unstable. It was until I learnt to be mindful with my money that I learnt to spend it well. I brought self awareness to my spending and only bought that which was important for me.

Josemendez

Verified member
Saving is not always easy for everybody . it takes a lot of determination and strong will to be able to do so .

I think one needs to have a plan for savings. perhaps following the 50-30-20 rule can help one to be able to save more . The rule encourages one to spend 50% on needs , 30% on wants and 20% for savings. This can be a good guide , especially when backed up with a goal.

However savings at times depends on the amount of money earned ,and the responsibilities that will be taken care of . When the responsibilities are quite much , saving won't really be that easy

Donkiz

Saving money is very good, but it's equally very hard to do especially if you are not earning enough money.

Most people that earns good money will always find it easy to save because because all they have to do is to throw the excess into their savings account, while those that earns little money usually finds it hard to save because most times the needs and responsibilities are more than their income, which means that by the time they are done taking care of these necessities they will left with nothing, and in some cases might even have to carryover some pending bills to the next month.

So saving money is good, but it's hard to do when you don't earn enough money.

Ephy

Saving money and financial management is very crucial in one's life. Money is very important in order to survive in this world but only a few people know how to manage their household budget properly. Many people have a hard time saving money even if it is for their own good.

Most of the time, you may be motivated to save money but there are times when temptations come your way and before you know it, you have already spent the amount that was supposed to be added to your savings account. Here are some helpful tips on how you can avoid temptations and be able to save money:

1. Try hard to avoid those things that keep you from saving. If you are fond of buying shoes even if you don't really need them, try very hard to stay away from them. Keep yourself away from shoe stores so that you will not be tempted to buy one.

2. When going to grocery stores. Always bring the exact amount and bring with you a grocery list. If you have limited money in your pocket when in grocery stores, you will be forced to buy only those important things that you need. Preparing a grocery list will also help you get organized and will help you in deciding the things that need to be prioritized.

3. Go to the malls only when needed. Do not go shopping if you do not need anything important to buy. Window-shopping will only tempt you to buy the dress you saw in the boutique even if you don't really need it.

4. Do not bring with you your credit cards all the time. Having a credit card in your pocket will only tempt you to buy things that are not necessary. This will also help you lower your balances and have a good credit score.

5. You may want to save money in the bank or invest in time deposits. You will not be tempted to get money from the bank every time you need cash, if they are placed in a time deposit account.

6. You may also want to consider consulting a financial advisor. There are a lot of pro7grams that offer these services for free. They may be able to help you and give you advice on how you can avoid temptations and save more money.
My mother gave me the best advice she told me that "the best investment or plans are made when you are broke, if you get the money implement them with an immediate effect."

Honestly saving money is not that easy but the best way to save money is by investing in various businesses. Start with a low profit business as time goes by you expand your business to something bigger for more profits.

If you can't invest then create a savings account and make it fixed that you can only deposit but you cannot withdraw the money till the period of time you kept is over. As you're doing the saving also set targets that at the end of the period you kept you must have achieved more than the target you kept and work towards it.

Remember also your goal must be specific, measurable, accurate, realistic, time bound.
Make targets that you can achieve not something that you can't.

Jacksonjnr

Avoid borrowing and excessive loan because sometimes the interest rate might be higher than the actual money, also it's good to be contented with what we have. This have save a life of so many people.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Strategies to save money rather than falling for my temptations include unsubscribe promotional emails that create me impulse shopping, waiting for 24 hours before which I go for purchase to only find all my desires fade away, allocating a weekly "fun money" to use for discretionary spending, avoiding stores and websites outside requiring the very essential of your trip, deleting shopping apps, finding cheaper activities instead of watching movies or playing games..