How to raise a fallen career

The situation of some countries has made life difficult for some persons to the extent that after graduating from the university with a very good grade getting a job becomes difficult and even if he or she manages to get it might not be in line with the career he or she prepared for in school.
A friend who read accounting in school and have dreamt to be an accountant in a firm or pursue her accounting career but due to situation of things ended up teaching for some years though still have her interest in building her accounting career even after diverting to teaching in a school.
My question is how will she raise her career which looks like it has fallen?

Planet408

She should simply keep her dreams alive. So many people are in this scenario. A lot of graduates are not employed based on what they studied in school. Unemployment has done bad to many carrier people. She should continue to apply for jobs while she add value to her self by furthering her education. She don't have to relent .

IamDozzy

There is a famous saying that goes as “ As long as there is life there is hope”. Tell your friend to never give up on her dream. Persistence is key. If she really wants to practice accounting, she should volunteer in an organization and work for free while building experience. She should also register for ICAN and ACCA because that would boost her CV once she gets the certification. And she should apply and apply, never give up. The job market is tough but hopefully she will pull through.

Teatea

I can relate with the situation your friend is in, it is really frustrating when you have dreams of building your career only to get it shattered. I also know of people who are in jobs that don't love or have passion for but have no choice than to settle for it after years of being without a job. Keep encouraging your friend to continue watching out for opportunities, sooner or later, her dreams would definitely come through.