Real estate How to negotiate a lower rent

greenieS

Verified member
When looking for an apartment for rent, you should keep in mind that homeowners who put them on the market will ask for a rent at least 5% higher than the price they really want, so that there is a starting amount for negotiation. You should never accept the original proposed price, but try to tip the scales in your favor. Don't even give the impression that you urgently need a place to move, even if that's the truth, because you'll have to waste time. But how can you be favored when the deadline to change your home has long passed?

Show professionalism

Don't look at an apartment dressed as if you had just returned from a gym, but choose to meet the potential future owner by wearing clothes as close as possible to the notion of "four needles". Your image matters a lot in order to gain the trust of the person who is going to leave your home in your hands, and, although many tend to believe that it is no longer valid even today, the coat makes a man. Show up at least five minutes before the scheduled time, so you have time to take a look around and on the maintenance list on the ground floor of the block. If the building has many neighbors who do not pay the bills on time, you may be directly affected by this situation, especially if the block is connected to the public heating network. Smile during the entire discussion you have with the landlord and the real estate agent and bring arguments to show that you are a quiet tenant, who does not turn the rented house into a nightclub.

Don't look for rent in the busy season

The period when the real estate industry is exploding, especially in cities that are also university centers, is the end of August and the beginning of September, when all students start looking for a place to spend at least the next school year. Try to avoid that time of year so you don't get too tired. The best time to rent an apartment or a house is the beginning of the year or the middle of summer, when the holidays start and no one thinks about moving. Maybe then it would be the best idea to start your search.

Don't be impressed by the words

Most of the time, the real estate agents have their say. This is only a positive aspect, but you have to be careful not to fall into the trap. That waiting list and the half-hour views from the one you set up with you may not really exist, because real estate agents know how to sell. Take as much time as you need to analyze the entire offer and don't take the first offer unless it's really the perfect one for you. If you have the opportunity, take a look at the apartments that have caught your eye in real estate ads for someone who has gone through the process of renting a building, who will know exactly what details to pay attention to when entering a home.

From this point on, after you have weighed the important issues and decided that you want to move into an apartment that you liked, the actual negotiation begins. Depending on your qualities and the diplomacy you do not have to use, you will be able to get a favorable price, maybe even ideal for you. Good luck finding the perfect home!

That's true but I have some available question to ask you. If you happen to be a landlord how will you cope with hard times what I meant by hard times is times that things become hard,times that things in the market becomes very expensive just tell how can you cope with such situations. Are you going to increase your tenancy amount or are you going to leave it the way it is, this just my question and I need the answer from you if you don't mind. I have seen some landlords that increases their house rent but I don't see that as a good idea.

That's true but I have some available question to ask you. If you happen to be a landlord how will you cope with hard times what I meant by hard times is times that things become hard,times that things in the market becomes very expensive just tell how can you cope with such situations. Are you going to increase your tenancy amount or are you going to leave it the way it is, this just my question and I need the answer from you if you don't mind. I have seen some landlords that increases their house rent but I don't see that as a good idea.

Hello !

The question is good. When I rent an apartment to someone, I sign a contract. On that contract every month the price is set: 200e for example. In case of hard times and all the rents become more and more expensive, I let them know in advance so that they know what to do (a month in advance). If you want to extend the contract, we increase the amount a little. If not, they will leave the location and give it to someone else.

There are also people who sign for 2-3 months and then you can't grow. If you signed on 200e, there are 200e left.

It's just my version. Every homeowner has their own options ... some are okay, some are bad. :)

You have to be careful every time. But since you signed a contract for a sum of money, that remains, even if the end of the world comes.