How to manage a bakery business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Having a bakery now is very rewarding because people with sweet-tooth are all over the place looking to satisfy their cravings. So you don’t have to only think about opening your bakery, you need to also manage it to success. You can use the below tips to get it right:

• Plan your bakery by selecting the kind of bakery you want to run
  • Be in control of things by always working for the goals and objectives of the bakery
  • Decorate your bakery spot to be appealing and attractive to buyers
  • Price your products accordingly, no need for greed by inflating the price
  • Put in place defined policy for both family and friends, avoid unnecessary discount
Add your views let interact?

Good luck

Verified member
Having a bakery business is not a bad idea.it is very lucrative and one can easily make a lot of money from such business if one is focus and determined.Though flour is getting more expensive by the day but the business is not bad because people consume flour at a high rate.bread really sells in our society.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Having a bakery business is not a bad idea.it is very lucrative and one can easily make a lot of money from such business if one is focus and determined.Though flour is getting more expensive by the day but the business is not bad because people consume flour at a high rate.bread really sells in our society.
It isn't only about baking raw materials I think all food stuffs have increased in price so it is becoming very difficult to do business appropriately. The good thing is that baking business is lucrative so one will be able to still make profit even with the high rate of cost. You need to try out

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Bakery is not a bad business at all. In fact its a lucrative business in which if one can strategies well.
Before one can also succeed in bakery business there are she things that one need to put in to consideration.
(1) The environment where one will put it.
(2) Is there any competitors around and if yet, what strategy to use in order to outsmart them.
(3)Advertisements so that people will be able to know the quality of the product Etc .

Good luck

Verified member
Bakery business is quite a lucrative business in our society.People consume more flours because apart from bread,you use flour to make cake,sausage,egg roll and etc.Bread business is selling very well generally.You hardly find a mall that doesn't sell bread.people like fresh bread so they can go extra mile in getting what they want.Bread is even a quick food one can easily buy and eat.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Bakery is not a bad business at all. In fact its a lucrative business in which if one can strategies well.
Before one can also succeed in bakery business there are she things that one need to put in to consideration.
(1) The environment where one will put it.
(2) Is there any competitors around and if yet, what strategy to use in order to outsmart them.
(3)Advertisements so that people will be able to know the quality of the product Etc .
Apart from trying to have or start a bakery it is good to find out about the location before using. A place with a lot of competition is good to do the same type of business. So I agree with you location matters a lot when you need to start a bakery business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was in high school I was fascinated by the bakery business. A bakery in the neighborhood is the livelihood of the family. They are well-off which means the business is earning good profit. I have studied the operation and even consulted the father who manages the bakery. That’s when I learned that the bakery business is not a simple one and not profitable sometimes.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When I was in high school I was fascinated by the bakery business. A bakery in the neighborhood is the livelihood of the family. They are well-off which means the business is earning good profit. I have studied the operation and even consulted the father who manages the bakery. That’s when I learned that the bakery business is not a simple one and not profitable sometimes.
Definitely, running a bakery business wouldn't only serve your customers but even the household of the baker's too because bread is a staple and the family will also want to enjoy it too. Yeah it isn't easy to run and no business is actually but for profitablity I think it has to do with how it is managed

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are very good points you have mentioned about how to manage a bakery business. It all start with good book keeping skills so that you know well all your requirements, expenditures and stock. I love the idea of making your bakery really attractive by decorating it. That alone makes customers interested. And boundaries should be really set for family and friends who want freebies.