How to make money selling a domain on sedo.com

Holicent

VIP Contributor
In this thread, I’m going to show you how to make money selling a domain on Sedo.com. Sedo is the world's #1 marketplace for domain names and online assets. It is where people buy, sell and manage domains and other online assets. Sedo has over 30 million registered users in more than 200 countries (source: https://www.sedo.com/company/about-us). The company has been around since 1999, so it's a well-known brand with a large customer base.

What Is Sedo?
Sedo is an online marketplace that lets you buy and sell domains. It also offers other digital assets such as websites, social media accounts, etc... Here are some of its features:

Searchable database of domains available for sale or auction

Ability to list domains for sale or auction with no fees until sold (or optionally pay fees at any time before then)

Option to use escrow services during transactions when desired - requires additional fees but protects both buyer and seller from fraud by holding funds until both parties are satisfied with the transaction outcome.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Sedo is one of the most popular domain name registrars in the world. It has been around for more than 15 years and currently has about 1 million domains in its database. Sedo is a great place to buy and sell domains, but it isn’t as easy as eBay or Craigslist. These are some tips to help you get started:
1. Perform keyword research before you start buying domains. You should know what keywords are likely to be searched on Google, Bing and other search engines so that you can find relevant domains that will sell well. Sedo also has a tool called Domain Hunter that helps you find domains based on specific keywords. This can be helpful if you don’t have time to perform your own keyword research

2. Make sure your domain has at least one keyword phrase that includes a high competition term like “dating” or “coupons” within it (e.g., datingcoupons.com) If a buyer searches for something like “dating coupons,” they will see your website first because the domain matches their search terms perfectly

3. Buy only those domains that are likely to sell quickly.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have used Sedo, Did I make money on Sedo by selling a domain? No! Just because you can use the platform for free doe snot mean you can actually make money on the platform. First of all, domain selling is a very competitive business because a lot of people are selling domains on a lot of domain marketplaces. Not just on Sedo, I tried selling domains on almost a dozen domain marketplaces but was unable to sell domains. Domain flipping is an expensive business to maintain because until your domains are sold, you will have to continuously renew these domains. If you have just one dot com, you will have to spend $10-$12 every year to renew, imagine how much money you will be spending to maintain 10 domains. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that your domains will actually sell. Domains need yo be aged before they can be sold.