How to Make Money Online as a Web Designer?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Web designer is different from web developer. You can become a designer without coding skills. All you need is ability to use content management systems and website builders efficiently. If you know how to design websites, you can earn money in different ways.

Blog or Forum Setup: If you know wordpress, Xenforo, phpBB, etc. you can create a blog or forum for someone. For a simple 3-page website, you can make at least $50 (rate from Fiverr), and for setting up a forum, you can earn around $100.

E-commerce Websites: For setting up a print on demand or a dropshipping website, you can easily earn around $200. For a full fledged e-commerce site with its own products, you can earn even more.

Business Websites: You can create websites for businesses and earn easily earn $10-$20 per hour.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I worked as a web designer and developer for a local company for many years before started to offer my services online. When I was working in a company, I never though about creating my own project as I was always busy working for clients' orders. However, when I started working online, I had enough time to build my own projects as jobs were scarce online. Currently, I not only make money from my own website but also offer my services through freelancing platforms like Upwork and Fiverr.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Web designers sell templates on platforms like a template for 30 $ or similar prices, and then earn funds from people who pays money to have this template installed and the platform gets its percentage.

deedesigners

As a web designer, you can make money online by offering your services on freelance platforms like Upwork or Fiverr, creating and selling website templates or themes on marketplaces like Theme-Forest, offering online courses or tutorials on platforms like Udemy or Skill-share, or starting your own web design agency and promoting it through social media and networking.