How to launch your first forum

Mika

VIP Contributor
I use a lot of forums and on these forums, I meet a lot of people who own forums. One of the common things I hear on forums is that people want to create a forum of their own but they don’t know how to do this. I have given tips many times but I thought an elaborate tutorial would be better.

You need a domain and hosting. After your hosting account is set, log in to your control panel manager and go to the software installer section. From the category section, choose the “forum” option. There are numerous options for a forum content management system (CMS). There are a lot of free and paid options available for forum CMS, you should do some research and learn how to use it beforehand.

Since you are trying this for the first time, I suggest you try free options. You can choose between MyBB, PhpBB, or SMF. There are also other options, but these are the most popular free forum scripts.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is well explanatory and I have learnt one or two things from your write-up. Owning a forum is one of my long term plans. People who own successful forums are really making whole lot of money online. There is one particular Nigerian forum that I'm admiring and I would like my own to be like that.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The poster got clear view on how to set up forum site, i have minimal understanding cresting a forum on my own. But I'm learning, gradually I'll gain full experience developing one for myself in the future. At this time, I'll continue exploring to learn better till I'm satisfied. I'm learning how to choose suitable CMS whether free or paid CMS software for building a forum.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was a member of a local forum that had a lot of issues some members formed their own group. They invited me to be part of the forum as a global moderator. There were expenses that were taken care of and the forum was launched. The most important that I have observed are the posting members. The forum should be active like having at least 50 posts in a day.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I was a member of a local forum that had a lot of issues some members formed their own group. They invited me to be part of the forum as a global moderator. There were expenses that were taken care of and the forum was launched. The most important that I have observed are the posting members. The forum should be active like having at least 50 posts in a day.
Yes, creating a forum is not difficult because there are already good scripts available. You can set up a forum in minutes (if a hand full of topic threads are ready); however, what is important is the members. Forum needs members if there are no members it is a ghost town. Forum is not a one man show just like a blog.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have no desire to launch a forum. However, I really appreciate people who create forums and make their forums successful. I have a website and I am finding very hard to keep my website updated. How could people manage and run a forum that needs a lot of members and a lot of content.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I've always considered owning my own paid to post forum for some time now. I just like paid to post site cos its an interactive place where many things are learned not just like social media sites where things that are shared there at times aren't helping us to learn ways of making more money online and offline.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Using paid to post forum to make money is the easiest money you can find on the internet. However, earning by creating a paid to post forum is not easy. You need to build a large following and pay the users continuously. A lot of forums shut down because they cannot sustain this model

MOSIUR

Your words are very clear to launch a first forum. I have never thought of it on any day. From your words, I think that one can create forum easily but to keep it running with enough members is really a difficult task. Having a domain and hosting, one can approach to launch a forum. Thanks for this information.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
That's correct, you can easily launch a forum. If you use a forum script, and if you already have guidelines written, your forum will be launched in less than 30 minutes. However, the most difficult aspect is to build member base, build content and get traffic and revenue. It will take a long time.