How to keep your teeth healthy apart from brushing

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is always good to brush your teeth at least twice daily, aside brushing there are other things you can do to aid in keeping your teeth strong and healthy. The below points will help you keep them healthy

• Change your tooth brush sooner or every four months if there bristles are splayed
  • You need to floss daily
  • Don’t forget to use a mouth wash after your flossing or brushing
  • Avoid incessant consumption of sugary products
  • Take in plenty of water daily
  • Limit your intake of sugary drinks and eat mostly diets that will help the teeth
  • Don’t forget to have at least once a year dental check-up which will help you have some cleanings and x-rays.
So add yours?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My wife takes a long time in brushing her teeth. One morning I questioned her why she is brushing her teeth when she had brushed the teeth before bedtime. What is needed in the morning is the mouthwash and not the toothbrush. I have been using the mouth wash in the morning for a long time and that saves me from the consumption of toothpaste.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
My wife takes a long time in brushing her teeth. One morning I questioned her why she is brushing her teeth when she had brushed the teeth before bedtime. What is needed in the morning is the mouthwash and not the toothbrush. I have been using the mouth wash in the morning for a long time and that saves me from the consumption of toothpaste.
Saves you from consuming toothpaste that was funny, yeah it is always good to try other ways of keeping the teeth health apart from just brushing it. I use the mouthwash too as often as possible. The teeth just like any part of the body needs good care and we just need to do the needful all the time

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Apart from using toothbrush, I would also recommend people to use miswak. It is a great way to make our teeth healthy and its extracts make gums and teeth very strong. It is an Islamic practice to use miswak and we Muslims use miswak many times. Research has also proved that it is a much better option as compared to using toothpaste.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Teeth is a sensitive part of the body. No matter how fashionable someone is, no one can withstand to stay with someone that's suffering from halitosis. Hence, we need taking care of our teeth. We should stop chewing gum, it weakens the teeth, drink coffee, it darkens the teeth and we should not be forcing our teeth to be white. The color of teeth is pale yellow.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for this. Although I have a lot of tooth related infections and but I always try as much as possible to control it not to spread to other parts of the teeth. I don't really know what happened to me but I brush immediately after eating and I don't keep food particle longer on my mouth but I keep on having tooth decay

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Thanks for this. Although I have a lot of tooth related infections and but I always try as much as possible to control it not to spread to other parts of the teeth. I don't really know what happened to me but I brush immediately after eating and I don't keep food particle longer on my mouth but I keep on having tooth decay
Yeah the teeth is a sensitive partog out body and should be treated with care so apart from brushing it other things need to be done to help it as stated above. For your issue I think you would need to see the dentist. You might just need a professional input to help alleviate your struggles

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yeah the teeth is a sensitive partog out body and should be treated with care so apart from brushing it other things need to be done to help it as stated above. For your issue I think you would need to see the dentist. You might just need a professional input to help alleviate your struggles
Yes that's what I'm just trying to do because I just consider this to be abnormal. Maybe the professional dentist who advise me to take an x-ray of my tooth and so many other things that will be involved ,in this case I really have to prepare financial for everything that will be carried out. That is the reason for the delayed.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes that's what I'm just trying to do because I just consider this to be abnormal. Maybe the professional dentist who advise me to take an x-ray of my tooth and so many other things that will be involved ,in this case I really have to prepare financial for everything that will be carried out. That is the reason for the delayed.
Oh good that you had already taken the bold steps of sorting a professional help that was thoughtful of you. The body parts just like a vehicle parts need constants maintenance. So whenever we are confronted with issues on them getting professional help or advice Will be the best bet. So get some money and go ahead with it

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Oh good that you had already taken the bold steps of sorting a professional help that was thoughtful of you. The body parts just like a vehicle parts need constants maintenance. So whenever we are confronted with issues on them getting professional help or advice Will be the best bet. So get some money and go ahead with it
Yes but I've not yet seen the dentist but is on my schedule to see it as soon as possible .I have a lot of things going on in my life and I really need to sort them out one by one. This one is the most important thing for now because I cannot even stand a chance of losing my teeth since it is not possible to get it back

Empress

Verified member
We should also make sure that we minimize the intake of candies daily as it causes tooth cavities which can lead to tooth ache, we can also use mouth wash after brushing as it removes germs and particles from the mouth and also makes our teeth to be healthy and strong

Kola

Verified member
You can also buy mouthwash.use mouthwash because it also makes the teeth clean.but one has to brush at least twice daily morning and night so that the teeth will be clean.also avoid eating sweets and candies because they spoil the gum also try using baking soda it helps to make the teeth clean.