How to grow professionally

Mika

VIP Contributor
Whether you are in a business line or are a job holder, where you are self employed or a freelancer, you need to grow professionally in order to excel in your field, and also make more money. So, how do you grow professionally?

What exactly is professional growth?

If you are in business, professional growth means sales are rocketing and there is a demand for your products in the market.

If you are a job holder, professional growth means you get promotions and bonus regularly.

If you are a self employed or a freelancer, professional growth means you get high paying contracts, high paying offers, etc.

What do you need for professional growth?

In order to grow professionally, you need just two things.

• Propensity to learn new things
  • Ability to learn quick
You can grow professionally, also personally, as long as you have these two things.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My professional growth was not rapid like my wife's career. In my 10 years of stay in the bank, I reached a supervisory level only. In my next employment I got another promotion and in the next I was operations manager. They are all in IT work. My last IT position was as general manager of a Japanese software house.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You spoke well dear. For you to be counted as making a breakthrough professionally he or she needs to be on the up and running with whatever venture or business he or she finds doing. My offline video game business is now 2 years old, I've made profit from it since i started it. Customers do come play games, but not in a regular basis, like the way I wanted. Cos funds i get in a daily basis isn't all that much but worthwhile for an early business start up.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
In order to grow professionally, you need to build experience, knowledge, and skills. If you build better skills and learn better, you can do jobs better, you can even attempt something that you have never done. When you do new things, you will build better experience. When you have experience, you gain access to better jobs.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
These are two good tips to professional growth. Which is so important for better earning whether you are employed or working for yourself. You need to identify areas that need improvements. For example, you may have realized that you are not so good at financial management. So you take your time and learn the skill.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Sometimes it is not possible to learn everything. For example, you may be very good at financial management but very poor with marketing. If you are not much interested in marketing, you may not learn marketing even if you try. IN the situations like this, you need to hire experts.