How to Get Readers on Your Blog

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
To get more readership you might consider developing a variety of articles which become a series. Making three to five parts to an article will also give your readers an opportunity to subscribe to your RSS feed. In order to give your readers a reason to return provide cliff hangers that usually gets a lot of interest.

The best way to keep readers coming back to your blog is to get them to subscribe to your RSS feed or your emailing list. Through email, you can let them know about new products or other interesting information. You might consider making a weekly or monthly newsletter to inform your readers of the latest on your blog.

Make sure your blog is well-known on all the social media platforms and can easily be followed on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, and others.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
promoting your blogs on social media platform is definitely one of the best ways in which you can get readers and traffic. I always advise people to learn how to create quality content and how to do search engine optimisation very well before they venture into blog and because that can go a long way.

Mika

VIP Contributor
One of the easiest ways to build readers on your blog is by building subscribers. If you can build subscribers (who joined voluntarily), you can easily build readership on your blog. You can send notifications on new posts, updates on old posts, you can benefit from your subscrbers. The key to getting readers is building traffic.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When my blog was active what I did was to send emails regarding the new uploads. But when the social media came around I shifted to posting the new blog for the benefit of my friends and followers in Facebook. To think that I only had less than 100 friends during that time but I was getting a good number of hits.

D

Deleted member 13140

I don't really like placing my link on social media, I mean it hardly gets any visits, it's more like am spamming the platform than giving out value, no matter how I try, Facebook will eventually say it goes against the communities rules and stuff.
And it's really annoying.
Plus the fact that Facebook Groups is also filled with links, either it's an affiliate link or it's some guys website link and the worst is that no one actually gives any value just spamming everywhere

Mika

VIP Contributor
When my blog was active what I did was to send emails regarding the new uploads. But when the social media came around I shifted to posting the new blog for the benefit of my friends and followers in Facebook. To think that I only had less than 100 friends during that time but I was getting a good number of hits.
This is one of the easiest ways to build traffic. If you have an email list of the people who actually subscribed voluntarily and genuinely want to read articles on your site, sending marketing emails can be very useful. However, you should always avoid sending emails to the people who did not subscribe as your email will be marked spam and sent to spam folder.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The best way to make people coming to our blog is just by posting good and quality materials. When we do this, we should always make sure we ask for the readers feedbacks from the comment session. This will let them come back for more as they will be glued with the quality content.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You have two options to get me back to your blog if you are just starting out. The first option is to share your new blog post on social media accounts using the hashtag related to your niche. People are going to come across your blog post and follow the link back to your website. The next option is to engage in search engine optimisation for your website to receive organic traffic.