Finance How to get funding for your music talent

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Do you have the talent of singing, as you already know you can make money off this talent? You don’t need to give u on your talent because of no funding. You can use the following ways to raise money and pursue your passion

• You can start with crowdfunding: let people raise money for you from sites like GoFundMe and pledgemusic can help
  • Get some Gigs; Go for shows you can check out sites like Gigfinder AND Sonicbids
  • Have a music blog: start blogging about music and monetize the blog to make money
  • Sell your mech at live shows, take advantage of organized shows and sell your CDs, booklets and maybe your customize T-shirts
  • Have a YouTube channel for your music and monetize your channel
What your thoughts?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are many people that have wasted their talents due to the fact that there are no sponsors for their talents. Your article really captivated all the means by which up and coming artistes can use in promoting their talents. But their efforts are still sabotage in some countries where instead of streaming their musics, they download them for free.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Your article really inspired me bro. I was into music last two years, truing to sing to my best, pleasing to my soul and those around me. But it seems that no one supported my effort, rather they criticized my work rate including my parents they ought to strengthen to push on. Those words made me not to go further into my music career.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There are many people that have wasted their talents due to the fact that there are no sponsors for their talents. Your article really captivated all the means by which up and coming artistes can use in promoting their talents. But their efforts are still sabotage in some countries where instead of streaming their musics, they download them for free.
This is why there are alternative means to survive. Humans will always be humans trying to steal from the next person not minding how much effort, money or time has been put into a thing.so if a route isn't working as expected it will be better then to try another route to make it work

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your article really inspired me bro. I was into music last two years, truing to sing to my best, pleasing to my soul and those around me. But it seems that no one supported my effort, rather they criticized my work rate including my parents they ought to strengthen to push on. Those words made me not to go further into my music career.
Mate when it comes to making it in life sometimes we just need our will power to go on. You know you have your dreams they can only be valid to you even if others don't understand it still forge ahead. You don't need to listen to anyone just use the different means available and push your music career

Mika

VIP Contributor
Justin Beaver was discovered on Youtube. If you're a singer or a musician, you can make your videos and upload them on youtube. If you are really good, your videos will have a lot of views and you will easily earn from youtube. You might even be discovered by record companies and your music albums might be produced.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is why there are alternative means to survive. Humans will always be humans trying to steal from the next person not minding how much effort, money or time has been put into a thing.so if a route isn't working as expected it will be better then to try another route to make it work
What I think is that musicians should not be uploading their works on free website. It is not easy if not impossible to download musics freely in the advanced countries. You either stream their songs or you buy them. But in the developing countries, we rendered these artiste effort useless by downloading even a whole album for free. That's why they are not as rich as we think.

D

Deleted member 28127

There are TV programs where you participate if you are talented in music they organise competitions each year and then there will be different competitions between various candidates and there is a vote by SMS from people that are hearing them you can go far and then if you are seen by millions of people on TV means even you did not win a prize at final round or be from 10 first singers this year you will win in matter of popularity and you will be a little known singer and this will help you a lot.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
These are very good tips you have given here for people who are looking to fund and improve their music career. Starting with YouTube is one of the great ways in which you can raise money and popularity for music career. You can also go for local shows because it will help you get popularity and potential sponsors.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
These are very good tips you have given here for people who are looking to fund and improve their music career. Starting with YouTube is one of the great ways in which you can raise money and popularity for music career. You can also go for local shows because it will help you get popularity and potential sponsors.
Sure you are on point; one thing about succeeding with music is being popular so it is always good to look for avenues that will help make one outstanding so that it will very easy to get shows and gigs. Good thing is that some platforms online for making money is almost free

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Mate when it comes to making it in life sometimes we just need our will power to go on. You know you have your dreams they can only be valid to you even if others don't understand it still forge ahead. You don't need to listen to anyone just use the different means available and push your music career
Interesting words of motivation you've said to me now. But unfortunately for me I've quashed down my music career earlier before getting your advice. Which my own friends I called friends never gave to me, rather they criticized all that I dropped as epic, or album. Maybe I'll go into blogging about music, and Cryptocurrency soon.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Interesting words of motivation you've said to me now. But unfortunately for me I've quashed down my music career earlier before getting your advice. Which my own friends I called friends never gave to me, rather they criticized all that I dropped as epic, or album. Maybe I'll go into blogging about music, and Cryptocurrency soon.
Well, unless you just want to change your line of action, I want to believe it isn’t still late to re-enforce if you know what I mean. You can stll pick it all back. You know what they say about trying and trying again. But if you want to go a different route then it okay.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well, unless you just want to change your line of action, I want to believe it isn’t still late to re-enforce if you know what I mean. You can stll pick it all back. You know what they say about trying and trying again. But if you want to go a different route then it okay.
I understand your points dear. I've already followed different route to search for success. I dropped music to focus more on digitalization. I just want to be around internet for so long. I'm about finishing a skill in the programming area. I've gotten knowledge around web design, I'm trying hard to become an expert webmaster.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be frank, this topic is quite impossible to start unless you have supporters for your music. But for a starter I don't think you can get a funding. It is easy to compose a song, it is easy to record a song but it is not easy to sell the song. Take note that music is entertainment which depends on the audience, fans or followers.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
To be frank, this topic is quite impossible to start unless you have supporters for your music. But for a starter I don't think you can get a funding. It is easy to compose a song, it is easy to record a song but it is not easy to sell the song. Take note that music is entertainment which depends on the audience, fans or followers.
You spoke really well, it is quite easier to compose a song, but marketing it, is where the burden lies. That's what killed my music passion last two years. I recorded several Rap and Hip-Hop music, to come to know, its never easy to get endorsement, sponsorship and sales of the music. The best place we can continue exploring high via our music is through Spotify, and YouTube.