Finance How to get a business bank account in the UK?

S

seemeinthemorning

How can I get a UK business bank account as a non-UK and non-EU resident? I already have a registered company in the UK but don't really have a large investment for an offshore account. I just need the account to receive payments.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think you can use payoneer to receive payments from the United kingdom but it is better for you to get a more reputable payment service because I have had a problem with payoneer before. That is also another payment service that is called transferwise . They can also use them to receive payment from the United kingdom.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The poster wants to have a direct USA bank account while residing in his country. That will be possible if you have a USA friend, colleague, he or she can help you set up one using your name, and the address in the USA doing that for you. Apart from that you should consider opening PayPal account since most of the top country users makes use of it, it will serve your need for a foreign bank account.

S

seemeinthemorning

I think you can use payoneer to receive payments from the United kingdom but it is better for you to get a more reputable payment service because I have had a problem with payoneer before. That is also another payment service that is called transferwise . They can also use them to receive payment from the United kingdom.
Do I need to register the payoneer account through any agent or I can do it by myself? Thank you for your suggestion, by the way!

BrianTan

Generally speaking, most UK banks will avoid banking non-residents because the rules of money laundering and anti-terrorism laws require them to confirm your ID and address. There are only three banks in the UK that allow non-resident accounts Barclays, HSBC, and Lloyds.

You can try to register an account with Neat (I think they are an EMI bank). You can get paid in the UK easily this way. It gives you a UK bank account number for others to use to pay you. They also offer a debit card.

Neat also offers cheap money transfer services — it’s also what I use for any significant cash transfer between the UK, US and European countries in USD, EUR, and GBP.

I have no connection to Neat other than being a happy customer.

Hope this helps! Have a nice day!