How to Flip Websites for Cash

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can either build a website and sell it, or buy low cost starter website, build traffic and revenue or improve in design and functionality, and then sell. Both of these methods are lucrative. However, you might have to wait for months, or even a year or two to sell your website.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I always seem to classify this kind of business is as a risky ones because you are going to spend a decent amount of money in acquiring these sites in the first place. But then what if you have problems with getting buyers to buy it afterwards.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are doing everything by your own. you will be building a website for zero, but you may be able to sell your starter site for $500. That's a huge profit, but it is easier said than done because if it was easy to sell websites, all flippa sellers would be very rich.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you have a domain and hosting, and if you have writing skills, you can launch a website with zero cost. When you sell a website, you will be selling the domain, website content, and website files. Your investment is just the money you paid for the domain, and the time you spent on writing article and managing the site until it gets sold.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are building your own websites and selling for cash, you need website building skills. You don't have to be a programmer, you can try using software like wordpress, xenforo etc to build websites. You might also have to build content on the site by publishing articles or hiring writers to write on your website. Last but not the least your website should be receiving traffic and earning in order to attract high paying clients.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Business like this is a good on though but if you see it quite alright, you would notice that it is one of those jobs that requires to that you have necessary required skills if you want to really earn from it. Be it as it may, it is not as sweet and easy as it seems even if you have the techniques needed to carry out this task. The most challenging part will be as a beginner. Imagine you that just got into it and you have some website ready to flip for cash, okay now how would you get buyers that will pay for it, so this is another part entirely because you will need some means create awareness and reach out to people so they can know about you.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
If flipping websites were that easy, every one would have been doing that. In order to make money by flipping websites, your website must already have some content and some traffic that can generate enough revenue. The website must also have some following on social media and it takes time to get all these things.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Even though I have not sold domains and websites, I have sold digital products from my websites. Based on my experience with selling digital products, I believe you will be able to sell your product (which also implies websites), your product needs to be valuable. You cannot sell craps. Just because you have valuable product does not mean it will sell like hot cakes, you need to market well. Marketing means you are promoting your products through various methods and on various platforms. You can also pay flippa to promote your listing. When you use premium service, selling becomes easier.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When it comes to selling online or offline, it is never very easy. Selling depends on your product and how well you present your product. For example if you are selling a website, you need to create a website with valuable content and good design and pitch your website well.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
That's true. But if you can do it on your own, why should you pay someone for the same work, right? let say if you can spend few hours to develop a website and few more hours to write content, shy should you pay $200 to someone to purchase a website so that you can sell back again.
Furthermore, selling website is also not very easy. Well, I have not tried this but I have checked a lot of website marketplaces and I see only few websites making successful sales. You might be able to sell a website that has some traffic and revenue, but selling starter website with no traffic and revenue is really difficult.

MoneyCube

This is the first making money online scheme that was introduced to me. The person that introduced it has made a lot of money through it. He would buy a website at some cheap rate on some websites and waited for some time before he got them sold up on some other websites at high rate
do sites have their own price growth rate, like cryptocurrencies?

Mika

VIP Contributor
That's true. But if you can do it on your own, why should you pay someone for the same work, right? let say if you can spend few hours to develop a website and few more hours to write content, shy should you pay $200 to someone to purchase a website so that you can sell back again.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can build for zero cost but remember this you will have to write content, about page, privacy policy, etc. You will also have to spend a lot of time in creating and designing a website. For the same amount of work, you might be paid $100-$200 from the client.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are buying a website, even a starter website, you will have to spend $100-$200 on it, but if you build your own website, you can build with zero cost provided you have the skills. I think the second option is better because you have nothing to lose and everything you ern is all yours.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Website Flipping is one of the most lucrative businesses you can do online. Website flipping means you buy a website for a cheap price and then add value to the website by making some changes (this is optional) and sell for a higher price. Alternatively, you can also build websites and then flip it for cash.

Website flipping is one of the easiest ways to make good money online.

There are numerous website marketplaces where you can buy and sell websites but I recommend Flippa, which is one of the most trusted website marketplaces.

Buy a website (via flippa or other marketplaces) or build a website and then list the website on flippa. You have two options, list it as an auction or classified. When you launch an auction you sell to the highest bidder and when you list as classified, you set your own price.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Website flipping is one of the ways to raise cash for another business opportunity. If you have couple of blogs that are bringing you money, you can simply take one of them and flip it in order to raise cash for others. The large amount you raise from the website you flip can be reinvested back into other websites to make more money.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is the first making money online scheme that was introduced to me. The person that introduced it has made a lot of money through it. He would buy a website at some cheap rate on some websites and waited for some time before he got them sold up on some other websites at high rate

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I know someone who build niche affiliate website in lucrative niche I put it up for sales in the marketplace. He will appoint some backlinks to the website so that its ranks are for some competitive keywords. Once the website start generating traffic, he will list it on the market place like flippa and sell it for high value.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you can develop a high-traffic website (mainly a website receiving organic traffic) and a website generating revenue (ads, affiliate products, or own products), you not only get the best price for the website but also have a high chance of selling this website. The key to flip website is to build a good website.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
This is a business model behind human proof design. the guy who owns the website in build series of affiliate marketing website in different niches. he build the website and promote them until they started bringing in some cash. He would make those websites available for sale in order to make more profit for himself.