How to enjoy working after retirement

Augusta

VIP Contributor
A lot of people still wants to be active after retirement. You can be if are up and doing daily which might mean you picking up a job. But the issue Is how would you enjoy the job as you might not want to go through the hassles that come with with the activities of working.

You have to do the following to enjoy still working even after retirement.

Start by picking a job that blends with your hobby: You need to do jobs that would make you expending so much energy. So that you can keep at it.

Pick a job that give you time for other things You would enjoy a job that doesn't take much of your time like before. So instead of doing the rat race again, you can take a job with a little pay that leaves you enough time to relax and entertain yourself.

You can start your own business so that you do it yourself and have all the time you want for other things.

What do you think?

Carpon

Valued Contributor
This sounds cool.
Many at times workers retire and s want to earn so the need for getting a source of income then comes in
Now like my dad who is now a retired civil servant did, he Bagan agriculture before his retirement age clocked. Before the time, he had already started sheep and poultry farming and he also owns a large mass of crop land for farming.
Currently he depends a lot in that for his income. Moreso, he got himself employed in a private firm that needs an experienced worker to run such affairs.
So you practically see that even as a retiree you can still earn may be huge amounts that are more than what you were even earning when working and was limited by the work you were doing.
So, as a worker approaching retirement one thing to be giving much heed to is what can I really do even after retiring. Think of credible business and works you can start. And since you're still an earner you have an advantage of funding since your salary is there as a good source of income for you plus your savings must have accumulated to a large amount and thus you can wisely invest it into a productive trade.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right with your submission. I know the retirement is a time to rest from work but you would be tire and bored after a while so you need to keep yourself going.

I'm writing this from experience of my grand dad. When he first retired from service he was thinking he doesn't need to work at all. All what he was thinking about was rest and just enjoy life. But he couldn't even sustain it up to 6 months when he became very bored. The money was there but this is someone that have never lived a life of solitude so he couldn't keep up

He had to find a little business he would enjoy doing to start doing. So in essence it is always good to always plan ahead just have the business you canbturn into a hobby. it shouldn't be something overtly serious and just be doing to keep yourself busy.