How to enjoy life on a small salary

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Some African countries pays small salaries to their workers and make living life a lot difficult for the earners. But you as the earner will still need to protect yourself from dying by spending your money on only healthy options that will aid in prolonging your health

So how can you still a good Life

even with your small salary

Add fresh vegetables to your meals avoid the expensive junks that will hurt your health leading to spending more money on your health.

Find free entertainment in your neighborhood to attend. Parties and fun shows

Buy your fairly used shoes and clothes from the thrift stores whether online or offline

Visit the local library to read books, magazines, journals etc. You would get all these at almost free to read.

Cook your food in bulk that can be for a while to avoid spending money to cook daily or buying from food vendors that might take a good amount from. you.

Have you being practicing the above? Has the result being positive for you?

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
With small salary you will manage your money well. I know a lot of people even with good salary avoid bring a debit card or check when going and bring with them a little money everyday because you will spend lavishly the money otherwise.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes the right thing to be done is to avoid spending lavishing when you do not even have the money to spend but look around you and see how you can enjoy your life despite your small salary. I know some people that have gotten themselves into trouble because of getting heavy pay check monthly. They begin to keep bad friends and indulge in habits that will be detrimental to their health and wellbeing. So with your small salary you won't have to go through all of that because you do not even have.

Find out entertaining places during the weekend to visit. there would be some places that are affordable so you need to search them out and and take advantage of them. You don't need to visit the exotic places you think they are to have fun. Just some very cool spot to relax will serve the purpose that you want.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Some African countries pays small salaries to their workers and make living life a lot difficult for the earners. But you as the earner will still need to protect yourself from dying by spending your money on only healthy options that will aid in prolonging your health

So how can you still a good Life

even with your small salary

Add fresh vegetables to your meals avoid the expensive junks that will hurt your health leading to spending more money on your health.

Find free entertainment in your neighborhood to attend. Parties and fun shows

Buy your fairly used shoes and clothes from the thrift stores whether online or offline

Visit the local library to read books, magazines, journals etc. You would get all these at almost free to read.

Cook your food in bulk that can be for a while to avoid spending money to cook daily or buying from food vendors that might take a good amount from. you.

Have you being practicing the above? Has the result being positive for you?
Hi Augusta and everyone here! Your thread is very interesting. Thank you very much for sharing this useful information with us about how to enjoy life on a small salary. It is true that most people, especially these days, have to live on a small salary but ,of course, it does not mean that they still cannot enjoy life. On the contrary, they can certainly enjoy life!

I fully agree with your ideas and I already use some of them. The result is very positive for me. I am very careful with money and I try not to spend it on things that I do not really need. In my opinion, it is wise to save some money because life is so unpredictable. Well, I try to cook healthy food at home and I buy clothes and shoes from cheap shops. I rarely go out to clubs or restaurants. I stay at home and I watch movies with my family. On Sundays I go for a walk by the sea with my friends. In this way, I enjoy life without spending a lot of money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Definitely, it is a lot better to save money which can really be helpful in times of need. You would be really glad you did when you really need money for a pressing need. So even on a small salary it is still good to enjoy life while living with reality or while trying to look for a job that is more paying but the bottom line is that you are still enjoying your life. Life is for the living and you can enjoy it to the fullest wherever you are. So at any point in ones life they are still little things you can do to make it happen.

I know we really need ourselves entertained. We can indulge any free entertainment to help us kill boredom. The body sometime need to unwind we need to do it anyhow we want it . it will help the body to stay better.

King bell

VIP Contributor
No matter how small your salary may be, there are always ways to enjoy life on a budget. Here are a few tips to get you started:

1. Get creative with your free time.

There are plenty of free or low-cost activities to enjoy, such as hiking, biking, picnicking, and visiting local parks or museums. Get together with friends and family to make the most of your free time.

2. Cook at home.

Eating out can be expensive, so cooking at home is a great way to save money. Plan ahead by batch cooking or meal prepping on the weekends, so you have quick and easy meals to enjoy during the week.

3. Live minimally.

Don't feel like you need to keep up with the Joneses. Live within your means and focus on experiences over material possessions. This will help you save money and enjoy a more fulfilling life.

4. Find free or discounted events.

From concerts to farmers markets, there are often free or discounted events happening in your community. Check your local newspaper or online calendar to find out what's happening near you.

5. Get a library card.

Libraries offer a world of free resources, from books and movies to classes and events. Get a library card and start taking advantage of all the library has to offer.

Living on a small salary doesn't have to be a hindrance to enjoying life. By getting creative and taking advantage of free or low-cost activities, you can still have a lot of fun without breaking the bank.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes, your last paragraph is the gospel here, living life shouldn't be bland because you have limited money no, sometimes you need to get creative to make the best out of 5he situation. if you are in the urban center you need to make do with a lot of facilities that you are given free in that region. So find out where there are free resources and take advantage of them, it will help you live life better.

I like the way you stated your facts which are the reality and your methods are doable. it is left for people to find time to implement them. it is good to find time to enjoy life no matter how life is. Life is too short to continue to live in misery it changes nothing living that way. so why don't you rather enjoy it how you can In your little way always

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for sharing. Although this is very important in the life of people that are struggling with minute salary . But at the same time it is very important for us to understand that managing of these things should only be for a short period of time and we should be looking for more opportunity of how we can improve our earning as it is the most important thing.

Being able to manage it now does not really mean that you will be able to manage it later in the future , things are becoming difficult and there will be a time in which the money you are managing will not be enough to sustain you to the end of the month.

Even if I do not have enough now and I am trying to manage the little resources I have , I am also looking forward to make sure I earn more by learning a skill that will help improve my financial status and so on.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Definitely, no one should remain static daily even if it is to increase your income by 1% daily or in 2 days it isn't a bad idea you can move at any pace still you get to a better income zone. This post was just to help you still be good with your self and life it you are at the down below for now with your income.

it's never easy for one with no income but life is still very beautiful. Nature at least have bestow us with some things free we just have to discover them and use to our own advantage. Instead of living a frustrated life because of your low paid you can take advantage of things available in your neighborhood and enjoy your self.

So it is good to still enjoy life at a budget because nothing changes until you decide to change it. Do all you can with what you have

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
There is absolutely a popular saying that says that half bread is better than none and what does simply means is that it is better for an individual to enjoy a little amount of something than for him to enjoy not even an amount of that particular thing . Put in a similar scenario it is better for an individual to enjoy a test of a 2 minutes bake bread then for him to only have a site of it . That could be practically illustrated in some people who are small income earners and in some regions and countries West Africa there are majority of individuals who make up the small income earners and salary workers and because of these they have to plan your life in such a way that it becomes simple and not complex for them to absolutely enjoy life even if they earn small amount of salary .

In order to do so you must be able to plan wisely and sensibly and most importantly you must develop the habit of preparing a budget when going to the mall or to the market to purchase what you desire I want in this way you will not overspend or underspend your available money .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I totally agree with you, I think the right word here is planning it you are going to live well even as a low income earners you must try to plan your life better. It is the better life that makes life interesting. Some people I know have a good knowledge of their budget instead of having less children, they would be having more. What you are doing is that you are not planning well for yourself, your life and that of your children. When you intend feeding another mouth from the little income you have been having for years then you are planning to fail.

So apart from trying to live comfortably with the little income we have, we need to try to plan our lives better. Have the number of kids you can conveniently cater for and live life a lot better than doing the wrong things and expect a better outcome.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
What you've explained is worthwhile, but your salary level shouldn't be too low. When it is too low, you wouldn't buy anything nice in a country that is suffering from heavy inflation. Here in my country, workers in most workplace are downgraded in salary, yet prices of commodities are high. So, tell me how can you enjoy your time when you can't even give yourself good meal with such amount of money within a month? When it comes to buying in bulk, you still need to earn some amount of money monthly, you wouldn't come to earn just $20, and try to make the money comfortable for yourself. Unless you have someone supporting in you in one way to the other when it comes to your primary needs. But if you're the sole bread winner, you wouldn't give yourself proper meal with your family, since life is unbrearable here in my country due to high level of inflation.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is where saving come in you don't expect to treat yourself to tasty meals all the time but you can save and have it once in a while. The thing here is to be contentef even if you can enjoy yourself once in a while. You could just be saving a little from your $20 and have a little enjoyment even if it's once in 4 months till you are able to make more money. Another is that you should be able to reduce your expenses to live better

A lot of times our hardship cones from taking wrong decisions. you see a young man earning little having multiple girlfriends and you expect to have money how? because this lifestyle comes with spending and the little you have will always go that way. So the best bet will be to review your lifestyle and then seek out for more free watys to enjoy your life

Vladv26

I think a happy life doesn't consist in having lots of material possessions like a car, expensive clothes, expensive food and other things like that. What you need to make sure is to cover your basic needs like your shelter, your food, your clothes and your relationship with your family. If all of that is secured then what comes on top of it is just extra and you don't actually need it to survive. Many people are not enjoying their life on small salary because they have to big expectations and desires. They think they need this and that to be happy and they get controlled by the advertiments they see on TV and on the internet. But as I said there are better ways to live and enjoy your life without all of those things. The tips you gave are very helpful and makes life more enjoyable even on small salary

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah I have judt stayed this in the comment to the last poster above you. When once you lack contentment you would never think you are enjoying with your small salary. A lot of people have eyes for big things like having 2-3 cars, living in a big house in a choice area, having more than 2 wife's and other stuff like this.

But this kind of lifestyle would keep you spending even if you are earning more money. I see a lot of people that earns more than I do but are always very broke because theysoend their money recklessly. no coordination, no control over their spending and no contentment so everyone suffers. The thing is that with your small salary you need to plan for it and stick with the plans. Try to figure out how to use something you want for free. Just enjoy your life how you can

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Thanks for sharing , but at the same time it will not be easy as you are thinking because if your salary is too low then you will not be able to take care of your daily needs and responsibilities.

I believe instead of us to be looking for more opportunities to manage low earning, we should rather look for ways to earn more money because that is what is needed to keep our life in balance. With this you can easily afford whatever you need and you can also take care of responsibilities .

We have to understand that being satisfied with what we have is quite different from being comfortable with low earning. As long as you are earning perfectly and your salary is enough to feed yourself perfectly and your family with extra savings , you could decide to stop looking for more opportunities to earn. There is no how people can survive perfectly with family and children with low salary.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Hello mate this is the mentality that makes people continue to amass wealth because we always believe more will give us more comfort and contentment. But believe me if you are not contented with the little you have not more of it will bring it. If this is so thieves wouldn't be strealing daily. Do you know that the more money you have the higher your taste for things. If you normally take an egg because you didn't have money do you think you would still take same when you have money. No? so the cycle of being unsatisfied continues.

I'm not saying don't increase your income but one should always try to enjoy self with the little one has. This way we would see life in a little light and just l8ve the basics things which are very important around us. Life is very simple it is we humsns that makes it complicated.

Hassanbenjamin

I think a happy life doesn't consist in having lots of material possessions like a car, expensive clothes, expensive food and other things like that. What you need to make sure is to cover your basic needs like your shelter, your food, your clothes and your relationship with your family. If all of that is secured then what comes on top of it is just extra and you don't actually need it to survive. Many people are not enjoying their life on small salary because they have to big expectations and desires. They think they need this and that to be happy and they get controlled by the advertiments they see on TV and on the internet. But as I said there are better ways to live and enjoy your life without all of those things. The tips you gave are very helpful and makes life more enjoyable even on small salary
Really? I don't want to be for or against what you really said in your write up, I rather have my stance on neutral ground but if I would want to be specific or take a side, I would rather say I don't want to agree with you because when you are critically considering a good number of factors affecting our economy nowadays, you will in turn come to a factual conclusion that things are not in anyway the same as the way they use to be. Taking a good look at the economy, in fact, the world economy, you will come to realise that there are economic crisis all over the globe thus making life a little bit more uncomfortable and unbearable to the common man and the mid classed man like wise low salary earners. I the country where I live, the economy has gone real bad to an imagined irreparable extent where the amount of money spent on goods and services is much due to the fall in the value of the currency we use here. So
you can now see that low salary earners can hardly live the life they want if not they have another source of income.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah I think this is a global thing especially in Africa and the truth is that people would continue to earn low with the rate of unemployment that we have. So how we now saying that we shouldn't enjoy life because the prices of goods are on the high side

The whole essence of this post is to show us how we can still enjoy life despite the way life is difficult for us. if you want to wait until life is beautiful and everything is stable then you might just be existing I'm life. The thing is that life is pretty short abd nothing is guaranteed. So you are not even sure of tomorrow then why don't you do the one you can do for today.

Just search around you for the little free things you can enjoy, then save money for the little ones you need to pay for and enjoy. Yes we all know it isn't easy for a lot of people but you can still build your own paradise.