How To Earn Money By keeping Paying Guests ?

A K Rao

Now a days people are renting the houses. Some people are renting them fully and some are renting them partly. A portion or a room is given on the rent to get some some good rent.

But some people go a step ahead and rent out a room to the bachelor man/women or preferably to a single student and provide them with the required furniture and permitted to share the living room.

These people also provide the food and other facilities like watching TV in the drawing room. In fact the person on the rent is like a family member. The only difference is that he.she is paying for the facilities. Such guests who are staying after paying to the owner for providing him/her the minimum facilities is known as Paying guests and this is widely practiced at many places.

What is your opinion about this? Would you be interested in keeping a Paying Guest?

D

Deleted member 28127

Renting house is hardest job in the world. Not because of tax but just because if you have a family and you rent a house may be by end of month you pay part of renting house and this is common due to many daily expenses for family and also for side of renter of house he may ask you to leave house or may he waits until next month so if you rent a house for 500 $ and you pay only 480 $ then renter of house needs to wait next month to get 520 $ same story for your neighboor that pays 470 $ from 500 $ then renter find himself paying taxation from his pocket money for similar cases.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I don't really know about this line of business because in my country it is not popular. Like someone say that there it is really one of the hardest things to do and of course anyone who can be able to do it needs to be paid a lot of money. Since the business is not in my country I don't know how profitable but I will definitely ask around to know if there are people who practice such things

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Keeping a paying guest is definitely a good idea and the business is a good one too. Such kind of business are practiced in the hotels in my home country. Visitor will pay certain amount of money for a particular period of time. The hotel provides the furniture, the cable TV, water , electricity and some basic needs

A K Rao

I don't really know about this line of business because in my country it is not popular. Like someone say that there it is really one of the hardest things to do and of course anyone who can be able to do it needs to be paid a lot of money. Since the business is not in my country I don't know how profitable but I will definitely ask around to know if there are people who practice such things
This is not only beneficial for business people but also is good for students who don't have a big budget for hiring a room in the hostel or hiring an individual room outside. For such students and also for the old pensioned people who don't have anyone to look after them. This is one of the popular business in India especially in Urban places.

A K Rao

Keeping a paying guest is definitely a good idea and the business is a good one too. Such kind of business are practiced in the hotels in my home country. Visitor will pay certain amount of money for a particular period of time. The hotel provides the furniture, the cable TV, water , electricity and some basic needs
Apart from the Hotels and Lodges this business can be practiced at the home level also where the owner can simply share the breakfast, lunch, and dinner whatever he/she is having with the guest at a nominal price. Since they already have basic furniture and TV these things can also be shared by the owner!

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's every real estate owner ambition to keep a guest who is always bringing the money to him or her. The benefit of owning a real estate property is making money from it without stress. What makes it stress free is when the guest or customers who rented those property pay when payment for rent is due and the owner recoup the invested amount without stress.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Now a days people are renting the houses. Some people are renting them fully and some are renting them partly. A portion or a room is given on the rent to get some some good rent.

But some people go a step ahead and rent out a room to the bachelor man/women or preferably to a single student and provide them with the required furniture and permitted to share the living room.

These people also provide the food and other facilities like watching TV in the drawing room. In fact the person on the rent is like a family member. The only difference is that he.she is paying for the facilities. Such guests who are staying after paying to the owner for providing him/her the minimum facilities is known as Paying guests and this is widely practiced at many places.

What is your opinion about this? Would you be interested in keeping a Paying Guest?
Why not when it going to be netting money for me, I think any opportunity we have to make money should be used judiciously. So this is a good way of making money off your guest though this might not fly in my location here. But if it will in another then it all good

Mika

VIP Contributor
Having a paying guest can be a good way to make extra cash for house owners. However, there is always an issue with finding a good person as a paying guest. You never know what kind of person will come to reside in your house. What if the person is linked with criminal activities, what if the person has bad habits (drug addicts, for example)

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Such tenant or renter is called "Boarder" here which actually means they pay for lodging. Some boarding homes provide meals for the renters to buy. Usually the tv and wifi are free which are included in the rental. Some homes are also used for lodging by seniors who are living alone in a big house. At least they earn and also have companions.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
In the country I stay, I have never come across anything similar to this, if not to rent an hotel room or to rent a house. But if this is happening, I think as profitable as it's, it can be very risky at the same time. People can have different kinds of attitude, behaviors, what if you went and harbour a criminal as a paying guest? Or a psychopath? We just need to be very careful.