How to detect scam businesses online

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right. And apart from this, we should not always fall for cheap prices. Many people have been victims of this especially on social media when something is advertised and it has cheap price, they won't even think twice before they will start falling for it and later he a victim of dupe by these scammers.
This is another angle to it, cheap price is always their tool why? Because scammers know humans are greedy and love cheap price things so they lure them with a price lower than what that item was obtained even 3 years back. Sometimes I wonder how people think because I can't be scammed with very cheap priced things

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
You are actually right in your article but I will like to add more to it. You have to be careful of making business deal with someone you do not know. I mean if you will have to make a transaction online. Make sure it is someone you can trust and if it happens that you don’t know the person, be sure to have a trusted person or two that referred the business partner to you. Just incase something go wrong. It is a wicked world now and I say this everyday to people. Scammers are everywhere especially on the internet so you have to be very careful.

Skysaint

Verified member
When I was still a newbie to online earning methods, I came across many scam sites and even ones that their pay didn't worth the effort and time I spent working on those sites. But one way to identify a scam site is that they usually give offers that's not feasible, imagine saying you can earn $100 from a site in one day

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah they don't need to always worship the customer every time ,yeah customers are the king, but they need to do their job ,by Makin sure that the customers dosent scam them , even if they are the king ,they are profit making bodies and they actually need to take the necessary precautions too
Exactly they are profit making body and they actually need to do the right thing by protecting the quality of their business ,and keep on protecting their business and not becoming just slaves to the customers, which have its own negative effect in different ways I think ,it's a profit and not a non profit making organization

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This is a kind of symbiosis kind of relationship whereby the two people involved in the business the buyer and seller look out for their own good to avoid being scammed. Yes In as much as the customer is trying to avoid being scammed, the seller should also prevent the stage of being super too by the customer
Yeah they don't need to always worship the customer every time ,yeah customers are the king, but they need to do their job ,by Makin sure that the customers dosent scam them , even if they are the king ,they are profit making bodies and they actually need to take the necessary precautions too

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Recently, in another thread I was reading about a business called Juicyfields. I was interested to check the authenticity of the business, therefore, I checked their site. There were number of flaws. For example, the business was investing in cannabis plantation. The business was said to be located in Germany, yet in Germny you cannot grow cannabis.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Although the customers would actually give guidance to the business so they won't get scammed , while the business are the one to make some certain policy and decision to prevent any form of rip off from happening in the business dealings and others or scam happening ,yeah customers are truly the king tho
This is a kind of symbiosis kind of relationship whereby the two people involved in the business the buyer and seller look out for their own good to avoid being scammed. Yes In as much as the customer is trying to avoid being scammed, the seller should also prevent the stage of being super too by the customer

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Well with business the customer a is always king if the customer all begin to insist then the business will have no reason than to adjust. Ofcourse without the customers they can't be any business. So I believe the most decision should come from the customers to guide agsnist been scammed of one hard earned money
Although the customers would actually give guidance to the business so they won't get scammed , while the business are the one to make some certain policy and decision to prevent any form of rip off from happening in the business dealings and others or scam happening ,yeah customers are truly the king tho

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah it's much better like they , they need to see and check the product very well, only that some online shopping platform don't like such decision ,they think the person might actually want to trick the company through that means and order product , without coming to recieve it and the shopping company would waste a lot of money in transporting
Well with business the customer a is always king if the customer all begin to insist then the business will have no reason than to adjust. Ofcourse without the customers they can't be any business. So I believe the most decision should come from the customers to guide agsnist been scammed of one hard earned money

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You understand their games. The hyping is always fr their camp to trick the unsuspecting individuals and unfortunately some people fall for them and get a scammed. I think people needs to always insist on payment on delivery when buying online that way the rate of getting scammed will be reduced to the barest minimum
Yeah it's much better like they , they need to see and check the product very well, only that some online shopping platform don't like such decision ,they think the person might actually want to trick the company through that means and order product , without coming to recieve it and the shopping company would waste a lot of money in transporting

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There are scammers everywhere looking for who to defraud but you are the one that will be careful so as not to fall into their trap.One bad thing about them is that they will be offering a huge amount of return for little task just to trick and deceive people to join their platform or log in to their website.
I always say this that the ball is always on the buyers court to avoid unnecessarily cheap things whether as an item or a service. This is why asking for POD strategy is the best. You see your item or service get delivered and you pay and that's the end everyone is happy no frauo

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of fake businesses online now, because scammers now know people come online more people to buy their items. You shouldn't fall a victim and lose your hard earned money. The below points can help you detect such businesses easily though not limited to these alone.
  • Avoid a business that the advert on the site or image presented doesn't match with the items they have for sale.
  • A seller that shows a sense of urgency with the sales of anything.
  • Any business deals that are too good to be true. It might just be a bait to lure you.
  • Be weary of any business that want money upfront for items you are yet to set your eyes, especially those that bluntly refused payment on delivery.
Business with ads dotted with grammatical errors and misspelling might just be a scam waiting to happen. So be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck

Verified member
There are scammers everywhere looking for who to defraud but you are the one that will be careful so as not to fall into their trap.One bad thing about them is that they will be offering a huge amount of return for little task just to trick and deceive people to join their platform or log in to their website.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You understand their games. The hyping is always fr their camp to trick the unsuspecting individuals and unfortunately some people fall for them and get a scammed. I think people needs to always insist on payment on delivery when buying online that way the rate of getting scammed will be reduced to the barest minimum
You are right. And apart from this, we should not always fall for cheap prices. Many people have been victims of this especially on social media when something is advertised and it has cheap price, they won't even think twice before they will start falling for it and later he a victim of dupe by these scammers.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I always know a business is a scam when it offers top much than expected. And any business that's overhyped as well is mostly turn out to be scam. This is because the hyping is just from the members who are working together to scam people of their hard earned money.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I always know a business is a scam when it offers top much than expected. And any business that's overhyped as well is mostly turn out to be scam. This is because the hyping is just from the members who are working together to scam people of their hard earned money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The best thing is to just ignore the business and look for a better one of you make your research properly if they are doing discount and even visit their offline store ,most especially if you can't risk loosing more money to such scam I honk ,they are really many online we need to be careful
Visiting the store would have always been the best bet but you know sometime you are just busy to get to the stores so you order online but they truth is that there are genuine businesses online is just the scamming ones that makes it difficult to actually know the good and real ones to patronize

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah that's another very huge red flag, businesses selling at lesser prices than what is obtainable in the market. It could just be a ploy to get people to get interested in whatever they have to sell. And they are the type that insist on payment before even seeing the items. One should be weary of them
The best thing is to just ignore the business and look for a better one of you make your research properly if they are doing discount and even visit their offline store ,most especially if you can't risk loosing more money to such scam I honk ,they are really many online we need to be careful

Augusta

VIP Contributor
think most times when you see the online business offering over cheap items compared to the offline amount they are selling the business in terms of the product price ,you should make the necessary research and be sure if the business is very legit or not , because it's actually a suspect
Yeah that's another very huge red flag, businesses selling at lesser prices than what is obtainable in the market. It could just be a ploy to get people to get interested in whatever they have to sell. And they are the type that insist on payment before even seeing the items. One should be weary of them

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
think most times when you see the online business offering over cheap items compared to the offline amount they are selling the business in terms of the product price ,you should make the necessary research and be sure if the business is very legit or not , because it's actually a suspect